F Body Frame Connectors

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
4-door F/M-bodies (and all J-bodies) are 4-inches (101.6 mm) longer than the 2-door versions are.
The difference is in the rear portion (extended rear floorboard). If a person can't obtain 4-door versions, then choice is to either fabricate new ones or extend 2-door versions about 4-inches.
BudW

LSM360

Reaction score
Thanks for information Bud! Do you know if the extension needed for four door M is just a straight piece? That would make it a much easier modification.

Thank you.

Larry

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Not without getting under the car.
I do have one set of sub-frame connectors and torque box plates I bought for my Fifth Ave almost five years ago (about $500, total), from Auto Rust (not yet installed). I looked at the connectors and said to myself, I can do better job than this – and I can't weld.
The torque box plates are a bit more complex – but for the $323.76 additional I paid for them – I think I could make something less complex to fit and find something nice to purchase with the extra money.

I do have plans on adding sub-frame ties to both cars (and torque boxes) – but for the other car I might use 2x3” box tubing for the ties (not sure yet).
BudW

LSM360

Reaction score
That's what a lot of people say about the ART connectors. I'm thinking about having my mechanic take a look and see what he could fab up. He's pretty talented. I'm no welder myself. I just thought if I could bring him a couple of nice pieces, it'd make things easier.

Back