Factory Chassis Drawings

GaryS

Reaction score
I want to install a transverse torsion bar suspension in a '56 Plymouth and would like to compare the two chassis, so need a factory service manual with a drawing showing the frame dimensions. Does anyone know a source for the drawing online, or would you be willing to scan it from your manual and e-mail to me?

Thanks...

bill55az

Reaction score
Factory manuals are usually a bit short on that kind of info.....best bet is to get a tape measure and head to the junkyard....

Check with a frame straightening shop. They might have some info.

GaryS

Reaction score
Bill, most service manuals have those dimensioned drawings. I've compared Dakota drawings to the '56 by match scaling the JPGs in TurboCAD and overlaying them. It's not precise, but gives a good idea of the similarities and differences.
56PlymouthFrame.jpg

GaryS

Reaction score
I wish I had a wrecking yard to check these things, but the nearest is 50 miles away, and most won't let you wander the yard.

bill55az

Reaction score
I wish I had a wrecking yard to check these things, but the nearest is 50 miles away, and most won't let you wander the yard.
If you ever vacation in the Phoenix area (in the winter), I will show you around our many self pull yards.....NICE.....
I used service manual drawings to overlay Gen I dakota frame to FMJ, but don't have the skills to do it as nice as you did....But, from what I see so far, the Gen II dakotas might be a better choice for FMJ...

Back