Feeling Blue

Justwondering

Reaction score
a rainy day and I'm sitting here watching thin man with Myrna Loy.

Husband is struggling and I can't fix it. Wish my mom was alive to have one last cup of tea with.

So I broke into my stash of new dollar bills
IMG_6502.JPG

Something about dollar bill folding that eases my mind.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Origami! Very cool! It's clear that you are a very creative and sensitive woman. Is there anything that you don't know how to do, or at least are willing to learn? LOL. The positive side of being creative and sensitive is that life is always full of interesting things and the desire to interact with everything is very strong. The down side is that a person can tend to think "too much" which then turns into ruminating - unproductive circular thinking. It is very easy to fool ourselves into believing that we have much more control over things than we actually do. That if we just think harder, we can solve it, understand it, or change it.
I believe that one of the most important things that I ever learned was that I don't know everything. It was a good lesson. It reminds me that the task of learning is never completed. There is so much that any of us just doesn't know. I don't know why some things happen and why others don't. Life is not fair. Fairness is a purely human idea. You don't see it in nature.
For a while now, I have been trying to learn the concept of mindfulness. I now realize it is not simply something that you either "get" or "don't get". It is a way of thinking that allows you to observe without trying to make a change. I had a hard time with it at first, but I've been working on it, and I'm slowly getting it. Most recently, I had a very stressful few weeks, and so I tried to be "mindful". To think only of what I was currently doing, what was going on just at that particular moment without straining to change it. It actually worked! My stress went down, and I was able to plow through without getting overwhelmed. I think that your origami is actually a way that you are being mindful. That is why it eases your mind. If you haven't already, you might want to look up some stuff on mindfulness. It might prove to be a great help. Wishing you well.

80mirada

Reaction score
I am still unemployed, and tomorrow is my birthday. It is really hard to keep my spirits up, especially with the Christmas season. I try to keep myself busy, but the blues are still there.

Stupid phone keeps replacing words with nonsense

Mr C

Reaction score
Hang in there gang! Sending you prayers and positive thoughts.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I want this to come out inspiring and not to insult anyone. I've been in a rut for months. I don't have any witty phrases or epiphany moments to grab people up and say there is the answer over there....... cause I ain't got it. I feel more and more incompetent at work as more work and duties are piled on me. I still could be on the path to a divorce. I have a abscess in my leg and that due to doctor's schedules around the holidays....... the earliest I get to go under the knife is the 3rd of Jan. So, I really don't have any good vibes. Yesterday, a friend from highschool messages me that his son's 2003 Ram is down in his driveway up on jackstands. Kid can't get the passenger front axle shaft free from the center section. I never wrenched on the newer independent front Dodges, but I think I know mopar???? Or do I, really????? I roll up on my neighbor's place and his kid is all greasy under the Ram and his friends all around trying all the wrong ways. At least the kid had 4 jackstands under that truck. At 18, I'd be using a bumper jack......... ( my brains wuz suppressed more then than now). So there is a groove around the inner shaft with a lock ring holding the CV shaft from releasing. Plus a good amount of oxidation. After and good few attempts and trying to find a pry point...... NOTHING! I had the kid tap on the axle while I rolled the shaft CCW. After 3 rotations... BING. She is off. Funny how a little bit of challenge in wrench'n and success can lift my spirits. So my point- If I have one in my rambling rant: I have some shit going on, but when I get to help folks wrench, all that shit goes away for the moment. For that moment, there is no shit. Hopefully, all of my friends here on FMJmopar find those moments where there is no shit, just peace and serenity for this holiday. Merry Christmas my Friends!

Justwondering

Reaction score
Mindfulness... I'll have to give that a go.
I've been doing the 'only 1 day' method. I only have to get through 1 day - just today. Generally it works.
Still a gray day today, but breathing is easier and he's out in the greenhouse putzing with plants.

Dr. Lebaron That's a beautiful coin. I wish I could fold it.

80Mirada - Happy Birthday! You are one of those lucky folks with birthdays really close to the holidays. Just one massive celebration. 2017 is just around the corner and I'm sure it will bring you better times.

Mr. C - Hooyah! I'm thinking cookie baking is in my future today... that's a happy thought!

Slant6billy - I love it when the problem is difficult but you manage to solve it! That kind of rush is totally kick-ass!

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I'm past the blues and into the latter of the anger phase.
Free RKO's, Death Valley Drops and Brain Busters for anyone.
Lucky for the world I don't have nukes.

Generally, I just hate everyone until proven otherwise.

Seems everyone is in 'extreme stupid mode'
From stupid car accidents, idiots who have problems paying at a cashier while I wait due to their stupidity or lead paint handicap or just the general cell phone zombies.
And the list goes on.

JerryH

Reaction score
Few things that everybody should remember:
Never give up, never stop dreaming. if you really want it, you will get it. Don't expect anybody to give you anything, get up there and do it yourself.

This is the phrase my mother said to me when I was 15 years old. Still following it, sometimes it was rough but then the good days came and the light was shining again.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
2017 ... new year, strange weather but I'll take it. Car has front end aligned (two thumbs up).:)

Justwondering

Reaction score
One of my favorite movies!
Next time I'm in Dayton, I'll bring the cd and popcorn...
wait ...
guess that would be the first time I'm in Dayton. lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
Galaxy Quest,,,,,,,,,that was a good one!

My mother passed away in April '09 at the way too young age of 76, due to complications from MS and dimentia, and I still get down thinking abut her, especially what she went through the last 10-20 years of her life. At least I got to be with her a couple hours before she passed. I doubt she knew I was even there but I like to think that somehow, she did. My brother and dad were there also of course. Like you, Justwondering, there was nothing I could do to make her better and that was the worst thing. MS is a disease I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (if I had any that is). Wonderful woman. You could have a room full of people that had their spouse leave them, their house burn down, their car totaled, their dog run over and lose their job all in the same day and my mother could walk in the room and everyone would smile, seriously. She never had a bad word to say about anyone or anything, never got mad, never raised her voice. My dad's pretty much the same way actually. I don't remember my parents EVER arguing, not even once. Man I miss her. Thinking of the way she was helps push the blues away.

If all else fails, watch an episode of "Too Cute" on Animal Planet. No way you can watch that show and not smile.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Your mom sounds like a great gal.
I'm sure she's proud of her son, even if he does spend a lot of time clearing snow instead of figuring out how to move to a warmer climate...:p

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yes she was great. Only wish she could be around yet and without MS, especially for my dad. They were married 46 years and it would be 54 years now if she were still alive.

Yeah, I complain about the cold, snow and ice (and rust) but in all honesty can't imagine living anywhere else.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I was blue once.
I think it was about 1971
It lasted about an hour
I was blue again in 1973 ish
It lasted about the same long.
Then I was in my early 20s and you know how that went; who really cared about anything, in their early 20s.lol
Then I met my wife-to-be , in 75
I think I was blue once more in about 2006, again for an hour or so.
She's had better days, so I might be blue again in a couple of years, God only knows; but I won't be blue for long.
The things of this world are but a fleeting thing. I can't wait to be in my real home.I want to walk thru the front gate and see the marvels of the New Jerusalem; GodAlmighty shining up the place with unfathonable brightness, and his Glorious Son calling out my name.I can hardly wait to meet my ancestors who endured to the end.And I can hardly wait to taste the fruit of the Tree of Life, and drink of the LivingWater.
May our Lord grant you peace and power, in your times of need.

Back