Fender tags

88_AHB

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if companies reproduce fender tags?
Provided they own the car in there name etc. I thought there were a few that do provide such a service. The reason why I ask is that somewhere along the way my car's tags came off and are lost. It would be great to have a reproduction set made since it's a AHB car. any help appreciated. Thanks

88_AHB

Reaction score
My understanding is you need a old one to reproduce a new one.
I just thought maybe there was a restoration place out there that could make one with the vin#. Should tell for the most part what the car had originally?

Camtron

Reaction score
Depending on how correct you want it to look, I’d check for a local metal stamping shop. They may have a metal tag embosser they could use to create a new tag for you.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Without the original tag or a build sheet, finding what codes should be on the tag is about impossible. Keep in mind also the possible legal issues since it has the VIN on it.

88_AHB

Reaction score
The car still has the actual vintag in its place. Where or do M body cars have a build sheet?

droptop

Reaction score
Here is a repoped tag.

BB19A086-B6B1-43A0-B9CC-AD4E1CF9507C.jpeg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Fender tag is sketchy yeah it has the vin but it's not supposed be used for title purposes.

I'd get one made so at least there's something there but put whatever codes match your car on it and not worry about it not being perfect. At least it wont confuse the next owner. There's no way to know what it would have been originally without a picture and the only reason to get one made is because it looks strange when it's missing.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Always thought it would be funny to create a bullshit tag to troll purists. 426 hemi code with a 904 transmission and 7.25 axle. A/C delete with climate control. Stupid stuff.

Would only work on a car where someone would even take an interest to look at shows though.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Always thought it would be funny to create a bullshit tag to troll purists. 426 hemi code with a 904 transmission and 7.25 axle. A/C delete with climate control. Stupid stuff.

Would only work on a car where someone would even take an interest to look at shows though.
LOL!

Ele115

Reaction score
You could give that wanker Mark Worman a heart attack that way. If he falls over and clutches his chest, I'll buy you lunch for a year

LSM360

Reaction score
I don't think you'd have any legal issues whatsoever. First off, you're missing one in the first place so just remove the repro one if you feel the need if you sell the car. Secondly, it should be fairly easy to figure how it should read even without a build sheet. Finding the build sheet from old AHB probably impossible considering how many times back seats been out. I have this book and it's a good source for decoding if you need any pages copied.

0760301972.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you do find a build sheet, make sure the VIN matches the car. They didnt always have the right one. If other cars built that day had the same color and style of seat, they could get put in the wrong cars.

The one in the seat is only one of many build sheet copies used on the line. The workers just grab the seat their copy calls for, not necessarily the one with that cars actual sheet, if that makes sense.

Ele115

Reaction score
I have found quite a few of them, but they are almost always rotten crumbling garbage and not much use

Back