Fifth Avenue in Local Pick and Pull

kkritsilas

Reaction score
This is in the local pick and pull. If somebody would like some parts. please let me know. I saw this while I was getting some parts off of a Cordoba for my Mirada.

5th6.jpg
Fifith3.jpg
Fifth1.jpg
Fifth2.jpg
Fifth4.jpg
Fifth5.jpg

I may want the steering column and steering wheel for my own Mirada, if the Fifth's steering column will fit, as my Mirada has a blue interior, but a brown steering column (it was that way when I bought it).

The plastic wood grain panels are still mostly brown; they have gone pinkish in my Mirada; I don't know if this is common on the Fifths, but my MIrada and the Cordoba have both had this happen.

Kostas

5th6.jpg

Fifith3.jpg

Fifth1.jpg

Fifth2.jpg

Fifth4.jpg

Fifth5.jpg

Pete

Reaction score
The length and mounting points are the same it will fit . The only difference is the needle for gear indicator. You could dye your old column . The one in my Cordoba used to be red . The product I used is called SEM . Cross Canada . Or any body shop supply company . Lucas G has his whole interior done in it . Looks very nice

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Int_03.jpg

I was told that the brown column in my Blue Mirada was from an M body when I first posted pictures of the car ( steering wheel/column picture enclosed above, sorry about it being sideways). I was told that the steering wheel belongs to an M body, and with the entire steering column being the same color, I concluded that one of the previous owners wanted a tilt steering wheel on a non-tilt factory car, and simply switched the entire steering column over. The fender tag codes don't indicate anything about a tilt steering wheel or cruise control, and I don't have cruise control, even though the cruise control stalk is on the column, further evidence that the entire column has been changed. Only thing I don't know for sure is that the column that was put in is from another J body, or from an M body.

Kostas

Int_03.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
An idea that may solve the pink woodgrain issue : If you can find a clear to spray over it, you should be able to mix some green and red dye in the clear to brown it up. Sometimes in wood-working, I need to tone a finish so I dissolve different colors to match the color. my 2 cents

Back