First Shakedown Run

Justwondering

Reaction score
Late this afternoon, I took the 5th Avenue for the first shakedown run in 2 years.
Spent an hour getting enough of the interior trim up so the headliner would stay in place... argh. Backseat is still sitting in the driveway waiting for the rear trim to be finished so I can put it back.

Here's the result:
IMG_3340.jpg
Don't we look sweet!
IMG_3339.jpg
Saved my gas points for 2 months to get cheap gas.

Trip details:
1. Round trip of 48 miles. Ran smooth all the way to and from town.

2. Third backup light on the pedestal in rear window has a broken socket.

3. Outside driver side license plate light is out.

4. Seatbelt on passenger side -- what a mess. The upper bolt is supposed to screw into a nut that is tack welded onto a small plate. When I took the trim off to recover, the nut/plate fell to the bottom. So I have to figure out how to get it back up into the center pillar and glued, welded, or attached in someway to receive the seatbelt bolt.

5. Instrument cluster lights are dim. Way dim. You can barely read the speedometer when its dark outside.

6. Heater works but only on high fan speed and set above 85. It was about 65 outside so it should have kicked on before 85.

7. Passenger side visor electronics have no plug to plug into the electrical coming from the roof. So vanity light can't light up.

8. Started at 55 mph and things were fine. Bumped it up to 65 and was running good. At 75, I started to lose the silver edging from the front bumper filler. Pulled over and removed it. Put it in the car and kept going. At 85, I had pegged out the speedometer - but it was running fine.

9. Rear passenger window rolls up sometimes but down works just fine all the time.

10. The trunk opener in the glove compartment works just fine.

11. Radio lights up but doesn't work... antenna mast is busted. Don't know about the antenna motor.

Next time out the odometer will move into 38k... currently at 37,982 miles on this 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue.

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
The nice part is I can run whatever speed I want and the passenger can't tell how fast I'm going. The speedometer sits back in that recessed housing. Suh-weet.

Not that I ever drive faster than the posted speed. :eusa_whistle:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The nice part is I can run whatever speed I want and the passenger can't tell how fast I'm going. The speedometer sits back in that recessed housing. Suh-weet.

Not that I ever drive faster than the posted speed. :eusa_whistle:

I know that one.
My wife always asks how fast I'm going on the highway because she can't see the speedometer......I may fib occasionally.

Givr140.jpg

Givr140.jpg

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Cap -- no need to be jealous... we all love your boat tail. Your fifth ave must have traveled to the moon and back by now and still keeps haulin!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Documented and DMV verified 38k.

Wow! That's amazing!
Cap -- no need to be jealous... we all love your boat tail. Your fifth ave must have traveled to the moon and back by now and still keeps haulin!

That Fifth has rolled around three times now and it just keeps going.

And thanks.....my boat tail is my baby. :)

compubert

Reaction score
540k verified on Allpar... :) looks the part tho.. yours is nice. . .

Back