FOR SALE Flip Top Gas Cap Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
another thought about the gas caps and i cant tell by the pics, how far does the flip cap stick out from the quarter panel?
alf44,
Good question. I have some pics I can down load that may answer your question. I will try and get those posted as soon as possible.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one for $68.00
Mopar 69 70 Charger 69 Barracuda Flip Top Gas Cap NEW

s-l1600.jpg

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
alf44 said:
another thought about the gas caps and i cant tell by the pics, how far does the flip cap stick out from the quarter panel?

alf44,
Good question. I have some pics I can down load that may answer your question. I will try and get those posted as soon as possible.

Attached are a couple of close up pics of the gas cap both open & closed.

Pic #1: Is picture of the hinge with the cap opened. Top view looking down.

Pic #2: Is picture of the latch with the cap opened. Top view looking down.

Pic #3: Is picture of the hinge with the cap closed. Top/Side vew looking down

Pic #4: Is picture of the latch with the cap closed. Top/Side vew looking down

Pic #5: Is a frontal view of the cap closed.

I understand the concern regarding clearance issues. No one wants to chip their paint. But I don’t think there are any clearance issues with the hinge or the latch. As the pictures show, there is enough clearance for the hinge and latch. Also keep in mind the adapter is a bit larger in diameter than the flip top cap. If it does touch, it would be against the adapter only and not against your paint. Let me know if you see any flaws or changes that need to be addressed. Thanks!

7Open Hinge Clearance.jpg
8Open Latch Clearance.jpg
9Closed Hinge Clearance.jpg
10Closed Latch Clearance.jpg
DSCN1918.jpg

Last edited:

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
Installation Info:

Below are some pics kinda showing the easy mounting process. Just wanted you to get a sense of what is involved. In a previouse post I posted some pictures to show the clearance between the flip cap hinge and latch inrelationship to the car/adapter.
1. First you have the standard gas cap.

2. Gas cap removed.

3. Gas filler neck screws removed.

4. Adapter drilled and mounted with standard gas filler neck screws. Note: I did recess the screws flush into the adapter. It makes for a cleaner look and better fit.

5. Mount the Flip Top Gas cap. Here I used stainless steel screws just long enough to securely mount the adapter without going all the way through it.

6. To change back to original gas cap.....remove in reverse order.......
If there are any other pictures you would like to see, please let me know and I will get them posted.

1Std Cap.jpg
2Cap Off.jpg
3screws out.jpg
4Adapter On.jpg
5Flip Cap Mounted.jpg
DSCN1918.jpg

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
That looks easy enough for me to do .. lol ....... 1/2 way there ..
yahoo-grinning-smiley-emoticon.gif
yay !!!

Volareandgtcat,
I have got the ball rolling on the adapters and should have them, hopefully by end of the week.
My machinist is going to try and fit our order in between a couple of rush jobs, if possible.
I will keep you posted.
--- Post updated ---
moving forward

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Not a problem ... I guess I should start looking for a flip cap ... I'm just glad you have enough people interested to make this happen. umm .. anybody have any ideas of where to look ... febay seems kinda expensive .. even tho I have no idea what to spend.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
All orders have shipped. Those who placed an order should have received a tracking number. If you have not received your tracking # and you did place an order please send me a PM and let me know.

I have several left, PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back