Float in Edelbrock 1406 filled with gas, caused flooding

D Dodge

Reaction score
My '79 Aspen had a problem with the carburetor flooding. It was gradually getting worse and it was to the point where it would die out after driving it a few miles. Well, I finally found the problem. Gas was leaking into one of the floats. I don't know how common this is, but it would be worth checking if you have a flooding problem.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
My '79 Aspen had a problem with the carburetor flooding. It was gradually getting worse and it was to the point where it would die out after driving it a few miles. Well, I finally found the problem. Gas was leaking into one of the floats. I don't know how common this is, but it would be worth checking if you have a flooding problem.
Glad you caught it soon...please do me a favor and check your oil please...make sure it doesn't smell of gas...

D Dodge

Reaction score
Glad you caught it soon...please do me a favor and check your oil please...make sure it doesn't smell of gas...
Thanks for the warning. I noticed the oil level going up and suspected that gas was diluting it so I changed it and I'll change it before I run it again..

crayzcuda

Reaction score
When I was rebuilding the two I had, one of them had bad floats as well. The rebuild kit has better floats in them.

Back