floor shift steering column

Status
Not open for further replies.

ike61

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a floor shift column out of a 81 diplomat for sale, with key. $50 plus shipping. send me a pm if interested thanks. I don't know how to attach a pic so If interested, I can email a pic or two

efriedrich

Reaction score
Would this be the correct column and/or the same for an 80 dippy. I thought I read once somewhere that the column changed from 80 to 81, something about the key maybe..

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
The only difference I can find in the lock cylinders from the early '70s well into the '80s is whether it had a tilt column. Standard columns were Chrysler-built. The tilt columns were built by Saginaw (GM) and hence use a GM cylinder and switch, often the same part as a similar-year GM car other than the key itself.

Ironwolf

Reaction score
Do you know if the column will fit a 78 volare and is it still available? I'm located in Iowa so it could be shipped through speedee fairly cheap. Thanks Mike

NoCar340

Reaction score
The dimmer and wiper switches are column-mounted in '81, so you'd have extras... the ignition switch is also different '80 & newer, so it's not likely that you'll have the right connector. You could cut one from a junkyard car easily enough; it's almost a lock that the wiring colors didn't change. Have wiring diagrams on hand just in case, though. ;)

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
If yours is non-tilt, the switches can't be interchanged. They're totally different designs mounted in completely different locations on the column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back