Found picture.

Billy007

Reaction score
This was on an old hard drive. It is my beloved in 1992. I know that because it is from when we built our house. Car looks pretty good, if I should say so myself, though that was pre children who were not too kind to it. Of course, she has gone through a complete repaint since then and looks brand new. Can't believe I have owned her since 1986. Am I really that old? Just like my Mirada who got a new paint job due to old age, six weeks ago I got a new knee. Outside of marrying my wife and being a Chrysler man at heart, that knee has got to be one of the best things I have ever done. I highly recommend it. I will be happily trotting all over the Iola grounds at the July show, something that has been very difficult for me for years. If you get to Iola and see her and I'm around, please say hello.

scan0114.jpg

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Ahh...yes, the ONE constant is that we all keep on getting older eh? LOL (same here)

I am about to drop my stroker motor back into the car, and where as some years ago I would have thought nothing of it, today it seems like it requires me to "prepare" for the task...what da...????

Aspen500

Reaction score
Right there with you guys! This getting old doesn't impress me at all. Forty years as an auto tech didn't do my body any favors, knees included.

Hoping to get down to Iola this year. Haven't been there since 1996 (gasp). Now that I'm retired, there's time for that type if thing. Not taking my Aspen but, if I do make it there, will be looking for your Mirada, 007.

Billy007

Reaction score
Right there with you guys! This getting old doesn't impress me at all. Forty years as an auto tech didn't do my body any favors, knees included.

Hoping to get down to Iola this year. Haven't been there since 1996 (gasp). Now that I'm retired, there's time for that type if thing. Not taking my Aspen but, if I do make it there, will be looking for your Mirada, 007.
Looking forward to it Aspen, you will recognize me, I'm the dorkiest looking guy around. Easy to spot. My ailments are from my decades long love affair of candy bars and burgers. Working for 40 years as an RN lifting patients didn't help either. I always said I should have been a plumber, I have the butt for it. Ya know, plumbers crack. I would have been a natural, might have made more money too! I started going to Iola in the late 70s. Maybe hit about half of them, but in recant years, it has been hard to get around, but I think this year I will hit the car coral, the show itself, and all the vendors. Just love seeing what people have to sell. Some great rusty gold there, at least sometimes. Say guys, how do you put your other cars under your posts? Of course, my other cars are not too exciting. My Mirada, a 2006 Mazda Miata, a 2018 Civic turbo hatchback, and a 2022 Tacoma

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, I'll be the dorky looking skinny guy, lol. My 1st Iola was 1978 when it was a one day event and you could see evrrything there in half a day. Was there with my dad and uncle (along with mom, brother and aunt). After 1996, the buddies I went down there with, one drowned, another moved out of state,,,,,you know how it goes.

If you go to your profile, there's a tab to add a signature. That's where you can add other vehicles. Signatures don't show on mobile though, for whatever reason.

Back