Found something worthwhile yesterday

brotherGood

Reaction score
Well, the shop dad uses, and I had used for a while got shut down this weekend. The guy running it took his tools and other stuff, but is leaving a ton of stuff behind. Without digging too much, I came across a holley 4bbl, among a few other things. I've got shelves and stuff coming today, but I grabbed that holley with the thought of using it on the next build..whenever that may be. I got home and looked numbers up and didn't believe it..so I asked around and sure enough, it came off of a 66 corvette with the 427, 425 HP, standard trans. To put icing on the cake, it was dated October of 65...late year 65 carbs are extremely rare. So, imma start grabbing any and all I can..lol. Found a qjet last night too..meant to grab it. At first I was kinda bummed because I didn't find any mopar stuff..but this is better because I won't be upset selling it. Just gotta find someone to buy it..lol

slant6billy

Reaction score
Is it the famous 3 barrel Holley - where the secondary is one huge oval barrel? Think they were 900 and 1100 CFM, but I am not sure on the actual CFM numbers?

brotherGood

Reaction score
No..just a 4bbl. Couldn't tell you what cfm it is. Like I said, I was grabbing it because it was a holley..and gonna use it for my next build. Then I saw it was worth money and figure I'd better sell it to the corvette boys. Just gotta find a corvette boy with deep pockets..haha

Back