WANTED Front fender inner panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The metal type? Im not that far from you so ship would be cheap (if anything is these days).

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The older ones use black painted steel. the newer ones are bare aluminum. Both will interchange (Left to Right, or steel and aluminum) but it looks odd to have one of each type on the car.
78 PM pg 12-4d.png

After looking up the part number(s), it appears they went back and forth with aluminum and steel (hum...rubbing his hairy chin). The list below is from my '78 parts manual - not knowing what vehicle you have. My '77 was made on 11/11/76 (at 11:10am) and it has black steel covers.
78 PM pg 12-5d.png

78 PM pg 12-5n.png

Below is one of the screws from my '77. I had taken my covers off to get car aligned and didn't trust the shop to lose or damage my covers or screws.
The screw is a hair under 1/2" long and 3/16" diameter. There is 7 threads showing on my screw (so 14 threads an inch?). The head uses a 5/16" socket.
20210918_000519.jpg
20210918_000510.jpg

Note: I don't have any spare covers.
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to wait to see if he is looking for a black painted steel or bare aluminum cover, first.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It would be nice to know year. I haven't seen anything but aluminum from 79 on.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Pretty clear its for a volare. What burns my ass is, guy posted what 4-5 days ago, many replies and not a peep.

For me its just not worth it to reply anymore. In the past year ive sent 4 parts out and even paid shipping and thats great because it helps people and keeps parts from the dump.

This am cleaning up for the metal guy, vs dick around its just so much easier to do this and never look back and not feel guilty.

Why do things have to be so difficult when they could be so easy?

DSC03844 - Copy.JPG

volare 1977

Reaction score
I have thrown away more than I have keep recently. Having too much clutter really bugs me. Much easier to finds things now. Last pile was exhaust manifolds, dash bezels, and other misc stuff. A V8 cross member keeps staring at me. LOL

KC w/Volare

Reaction score
Pretty clear its for a volare. What burns my ass is, guy posted what 4-5 days ago, many replies and not a peep.

For me its just not worth it to reply anymore. In the past year ive sent 4 parts out and even paid shipping and thats great because it helps people and keeps parts from the dump.

This am cleaning up for the metal guy, vs dick around its just so much easier to do this and never look back and not feel guilty.

Why do things have to be so difficult when they could be so easy?

View attachment 45094
Sorry, I was away for a few days. I just need one and it's painted black.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is painted black, it will be made of steel. The aluminum versions are left unpainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back