front nose repair n paint

mopops

Reaction score
82 mirada front rubber nose can u use paint stripper on it and for the thin plastic chrome pieces, mine r faded n could be replaced --whats everybody doing to get this ready for repaint? tks mopops

80mirada

Reaction score
Is it original paint on it, or has it been repainted before. There was a paint stripper for plastic and softer parts out, but it was not very good. If you have a repaint over the original paint you can use regular stripper, but you ha e to be very careful and pay close attention to it to clean it off before going all the way through.

I have heard of people using brake fluid to remove the paint with good results. It has to be non-synthetic DOT 3 for good results. It is very messy, and also needs to be closely watched. It need to be very t thoroughly cleaned afterwards. I have used it to strip model cars and old toys in the past successfully.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Stripping flexible parts is hit and miss, I've seen it destroy parts and make them unusable. If I was working on a part that was not available I would use a media blaster for the detail work to remove paint and sand the rest. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Back