WANTED Front sway bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I tried to look up the p/n for the front bar in my parts catalog ('79) to see if there were 2 different bars shown and,,,,,,,,they don't show a sway bar anywhere that I can find. Not in suspension, not in steering, nothing. Like it doesn't exist. Only '79 they list a front bar for is "M,Z" which is Omni/Horizon. Strange.......................

Never mind! It's shown in "SPRINGS" for some odd reason. They show one p/n for Standard, another p/n for H.D. (Police/Taxi I assume) and another p/n for "w/o rear spring isolators", which I'd never heard of before. Those are for 2dr and 4 dr. Wagon lists the H.D. p/n for both Std and H.D. suspension.
Whether any of that applies to later M-bodies, I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

88_AHB

Reaction score
I'd assume theyre a bigger diameter for a AHB car.I know that firmfeel sells a few sway bars that might be larger than stock 1 1/8 and 1 1/4.But they're not exactly cheap around $330 or $350.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The police A38/AHB (police) front sway bars are larger diameter than the others are.
Also, the middle two bushings have a larger inner diameter and a smaller outer diameter, which means the brackets that attach to the K-frame are also different (from non-police versions).
20160804_102500.jpg

These are the non-police version.

The “w/o rear spring isolators” would be cars that came with the ISO delete kit, from the factory. I have only seen them on a few police cars. I suspect they might come standard on the kit cars, but not seen one in person, to confirm.
BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back