Front tag bracket application?

volare 77

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this tag bracket fits? I googled the number and came up empty. The number on the bracket is 4270325 but many times that part number is no good as most came as a kit.

frttag.jpg

frttaga.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
It’s the tag bracket used for M bodies from 81-89 if I remember correctly.
The earlier brackets had a full plate that mounted to the bumper instead of the two tabs.

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
I actually have a 77-81 NOS M body plate frame on my 89 Fifth Ave. Was a long awaited score off EvilBay.

E087AE21-BE36-46A8-A076-C600B733FFFF.jpeg

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
It appears in the pic you show it is a little different for the one I posted. Still work? Someone said it fits a 80 F body also? Correct?
Works just fine.
The early 77-81 plate frames (what I have) used a full mounting plate instead of the two little tabs.
Cant comment on if they fit F bodies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I looked in the parts catalog ('79) everywhere I could think of, including the alphabetical index and there isn't a plate bracket listed for any car. Plate brackets were never installed at the factory. If it was going to a state that required a front plate, the bracket came in a bag in the trunk (along with antenna, wheel covers, etc) and would be installed during the PDI. Probably (a wild guess) there's a dealer accessory catalog that has it listed.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I looked in the parts catalog ('79) everywhere I could think of, including the alphabetical index and there isn't a plate bracket listed for any car. Plate brackets were never installed at the factory. If it was going to a state that required a front plate, the bracket came in a bag in the trunk (along with antenna, wheel covers, etc) and would be installed during the PDI. Probably (a wild guess) there's a dealer accessory catalog that has it listed.

its under license plate bracket. 13-1200 #24 in my 79 parts book but no part number for it. Some other models do have part number listed as do the 80s m's and f's so not sure why that one doesn't.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Works just fine.
The early 77-81 plate frames (what I have) used a full mounting plate instead of the two little tabs.
Cant comment on if they fit F bodies.
It also sticks out further. The 80-89 plate almost touches the bumper. The one you have was meant to be mounted in the middle of the 77-79 bumper and sticks out to clear the point.

Camtron

Reaction score
It also sticks out further. The 80-89 plate almost touches the bumper. The one you have was meant to be mounted in the middle of the 77-79 bumper and sticks out to clear the point.
Meh, better than zip ties.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I mentioned this on A&V. The p/n stamped in the bracket won't show up in a catalog. The bracket, inserts, screws and any other mounting hardware, along with instructions came in a plastic bag, in the trunk of the car or ordered by the parts dept, and the package would have a p/n for the kit.

Mikes5thAve, NOW I see it in the catalog. Never thought to look in the bumper section, which sounds obvious to me now, lol!

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It's funny how those books work that way. I don't think it was pictured either which doesn't help.

Back