Fuel lines

88fury

Reaction score
Good morning fellow members. I recently acquired a 1988 gran fury. I have a fuel odor only at the back of the car so I decided to (after a inspection) gas tank , filler neck grommet , roll over valve , straps , iso pad etc. I was thinking of redoing the fuel lines seeing there’s a option for lines from inline tube. The lines listed stop at 86 if I remember correctly. I’ve emailed the company and they didn’t know exactly why it didn’t finish out the model years left. Any ideas of changes after 86? Thank you in advance. There’s been a ton of valuable information I’ve been able to use so far to get the power Windows, windshield wipers, power door locks all fixed and working so far.

Duke5A

Reaction score
You're going to want to get measurements on those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they were for coupes.

I replaced the entirety of the lines in my car and used a roll of nickel-copper alloy tubing. Stuff is rust proof, bends so easily you can do it by hand and flairs easy too. I would just run it yourself.

88fury

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I’m reasonably assured I found my fuel odor problem. Fuel tank had holes along the rear driver end. Tomorrow I’ll wire wheel the underside and coat it and should be ready to put all the new parts in by Monday.

7CADB1E1-69E0-416C-BE65-468F6F596574.jpeg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That'll do it.
The most common spot for the lines to rust is behind the front wheel.

88fury

Reaction score
So got the underside all cleaned up and new parts installed…..no odors …..win car is finally back in the garage …fuel level gauge is not working correctly. It’s a new unit and is off by 1/2. (Full=1/2 on gauge , empty is about 9 gallons). Something told me to hook it up and test electrical wise but the Sun was cooking me in the driveway. What’s the saying two steps forward one step back lol

Back