Fuel sending unit

UNKIE

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere trying to find a new fuel sending unit and I can't find one! Don't really want to trust Ebay on this. Where can I get my grubby hands on one?

From what Chrysler product can I order for that will bolt in and work the way it's supposed to?

I can find tanks and straps damn near anywhere.
But I'm pretty sure you could probably get that part on Amazon delivering a couple of days they do have a Mopar connection at a Mopar dealership they handle through stuff. I bought some appliques door application for my truck because somehow they melted I don't know where this I'm thinking it was faulty material but I found out the place was up just past Westminster MD so I went up there to get it but they do have stuff though you'd be surprised how much stuff they still have for that car at the dealership itself and Amazon I've had good luck with them getting stuff. You could also check with your one cause if I'm it's basically the same thing as a or and a body car like a duster or a dart but you shouldn't have too many problems.

LSM360

Reaction score
Be weary of aftermarket sending units. I installed a Spectra tank and sending unit. Tank is fine but sending unit is a bit all over the place. Probably not right voltage. I've heard others complain over the years about Spectra sending units. Probably another case of try and get NOS if you can as far as the sending unit goes.

Deano

Reaction score
The only one I can find that "fits my vehicle" is on Ebay for $200, and it's not even the right one. I need one with the supply and return line.

Dorman doesn't carry them and Spectra doesn't carry them.

Although, I really need to check the original one that's in the tank right now and decide whether or not it needs to be replaced. Can't get excited about laying under the car, wrestling around with the old tank, in 95% humidity.

Last edited:

Deano

Reaction score
Yes it do.

Witness my flawless ability to not have chance in hell of finding a damn thing that I need/ want for my ride!

What I'll have to do is try to clean up and test the old one when I get it removed. May not even have to have a new one.

Last edited:

LSM360

Reaction score
Yes it do.

Witness my flawless ability to not have chance in hell of finding a damn thing that I need/ want for my ride!

What I'll have to do is try to clean up and test the old one when I get it removed. May not even have to have a new one.
Funny, I was replacing my tank and thought I was doing the right thing by putting in new sending unit while I was in there anyway. The old stock one wasn't even giving any problems. WRONG. Should've left well enough alone. The old tank wasn't even dirty to my surprise, especially being old Police car. I saved the original sending unit thankfully and it'll go back in some day.

LSM360

Reaction score
I think they changed in '80 so that's probably the one you need but that seller is always WAY overpriced

Deano

Reaction score
I just "checked" the tank grommet and all around the filler neck, it's still flexible and *squishy*. That's another part I would play hell finding.

By the way- what does AHB stand for?

DCAspen

Reaction score
I just bought one a about a month ago

DCAspen

Reaction score
New part

BEF8BEF1-599C-40C6-B437-6B735C3F45D7.jpeg

LSM360

Reaction score
I just "checked" the tank grommet and all around the filler neck, it's still flexible and *squishy*. That's another part I would play hell finding.

By the way- what does AHB stand for?
AHB was Chrysler's code for the Police Package on M bodies and can be located on the Fender Tag.

Deano

Reaction score
Got the new tank leaned up against the garage wall as we speak. I'll go ahead and throw it at the tank when it gets here. Hopefully it won't end up being a winter project. Going to blow out the old fuel lines and pitch a new filter at it while I'm at it.

UNKIE

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere trying to find a new fuel sending unit and I can't find one! Don't really want to trust Ebay on this. Where can I get my grubby hands on one?

From what Chrysler product can I order for that will bolt in and work the way it's supposed to?

I can find tanks and straps damn near anywhere.
I found these this morning and also saw new in-box eBay Mopar units.
1660579960826.png

125x62.5_products-SPE.jpg
Brand:Spectra PremiumPart Number:FG62AUPC:671607141740Weight:1.26 lbsCondition:New
1660580012408.png

Back