Furniture goodies

SixBanger

Reaction score
Slants are used on many applications and vehicles to do different kind of jobs. So also as a strong equipment to store drinks for the ladies ( or guys).

upload_2019-8-28_21-5-36.png

Only here for just 450 euro!? (Led light included)

Trey

Reaction score
That's pretty slick! I like it but shipping to the US would be expensive...

SixBanger

Reaction score
Maybe it is free shipping or discount.. If you sent a running engine or leaf springs to here, and I would sent you this one, like the airplane had to go back anyway. We can try.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Dude, Ikea is closer to you then most of us. Thats just a trip to the ER just waiting to happen.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Yea, kinda cool but to me it would be dang heavy on the floor and I trip and kick everything. All I need is glass in my leg.

SixBanger

Reaction score
It would be cool if there put some coolant/water through the block to cool down the drinks in the cylinder. This is not mine, saw it on a site. But any ideas about make a furniture of a old i6 head? I have it for sale, only no interested person so far.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Having coolant in it with a refrigeration unit on it to keep it cool is a great idea – but I think rust (condensation) would become another problem.

I can see a big block (or two, if a person wanted to stack them) with a shelf made into the valley for cans. Maybe even a door.

Another option might be to run copper tubing through the cooling jacket (install core/freeze plugs afterwards) and out the water pump holes. It wouldn’t be very efficient – but how many things are efficient in a man cave anyway?
BudW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Stack a couple big blocks, the thought makes my back hurt.o_O

SixBanger

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be very efficient – but how many things are efficient in a man cave anyway?
At the end, that is with most minor things in life. But why not, if you like it and are satisfied with it.

But I like the idea of copper cooling and door (polycarbonate or glass). Would give it a try if, if the slant dies.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Hard thing trying to do the cooling deal, too bad you were not needing to heat a bottle, you could use a nitrous bottle heater wrapped around your drink bottle and have it warm/hot in no time. And it would hide well in the cylinder.

Or id bet you could run some current through that block and make it all warm.

SixBanger

Reaction score
Ah! Forget drink storage. Go for cooking and baking application. Bake eggs in the size of the piston bore. Ever heard about a hemi head shaped pancake?

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Don't know if it counts as "furniture" but I use an old Super Six as a heat sink next to my wood stove in the garage. Took the head down to Koffels II last year and had it built for a friend's Aspen. Turns out the cylinders are the perfect size for warming up some gear lube currently.

20191215_130530.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
This guy makes side and coffee tables with blocks and pistons, cam shaft lamps; only $500 US

C994B5CF-A5F9-4831-BC69-142A76CAC8B5.jpeg

050B5EBA-1D77-4FD2-998F-BDEC4934E8F5.jpeg

Back