Gen 3 Hemi into a Volare headers

JWS

Reaction score
OK, I’ve searched and searched for header info for a Gen 3 into a F-body. Has anyone done one? What headers did you use? TIA

droptop

Reaction score
I have no experience in this area but a good friend told me that the factory exhaust manifolds from a 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee will fit most A B C E and F bodies. Also that Holley in Bowling Green KY has a lot of necessary hardware parts for swapping a gen 3 into most anything.

Joe12459

Reaction score
I have no experience in this area but a good friend told me that the factory exhaust manifolds from a 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee will fit most A B C E and F bodies. Also that Holley in Bowling Green KY has a lot of necessary hardware parts for swapping a gen 3 into most anything.
I can tell you the Jeep manifolds fit nicely in a J body.

Camtron

Reaction score
I’d be curious if TTI, A body headers for the Gen3 would work. Small block, A body headers work in our cars, I wonder if their gen3 headers would be tight fighting enough since they’re designed to tuck into an, A body.

JWS

Reaction score
Thanks. I was figuring pretty much any of those would fit since we don’t have torsion bars in our way, just needed a bit of assurance. I used the hooker BlackHeart A-body motor mounts to keep from having to modify the firewall.

JWS

Reaction score
Talked with them while at SEMA earlier this month. Nothing guaranteed to work with a F-body other than their mid sump oil pan. I did use their A-body motor mounts. Had to notch the back of the K-frame a little over 1/2” to make it slide in. No firewall modification needed which makes me happy.

mattechperf

Reaction score
Hope this info can be helpful to some Hemi swap projects out there.
Here are some pics for reference. I'm swapping a Gen3 Hemi into an 88 Plymouth Fury. These are the Holley Hooker Blackheart low profile Hemi swap manifolds. I have them on backwards for a turbo setup, but you can plainly see the clearance they offer. I was amazed that they clear the OEM steering box.

20240210_172533[2].jpg

20240219_130044[1].jpg

20240219_130239[1].jpg

20240219_130110_remastered[1].jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Hope this info can be helpful to some Hemi swap projects out there.
Here are some pics for reference. I'm swapping a Gen3 Hemi into an 88 Plymouth Fury. These are the Holley Hooker Blackheart low profile Hemi swap manifolds. I have them on backwards for a turbo setup, but you can plainly see the clearance they offer. I was amazed that they clear the OEM steering box.

View attachment 52101
View attachment 52103
View attachment 52104
View attachment 52105
This is one kick ass project that deserves its own thread!

Back