Getting my inspection licenses

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
I live in PA, so we have safety and emissions testing. Back in 2012, I graduated tech school with multiple certifications, including inspection licenses. But life got in the way, as it does, and I never got a chance to use them, and when they expired, I just let them lapse.

But lately I've been feeling the itch to get back into the field, so I enrolled in the licensing classes for next month. I start Feb. 1st for my emissions license, then on the 22nd for safety.

I'm also taking the test for the enhanced CAT 4 license for modified and special vehicles, so I'll be able to inspect street rods and such. Wish me luck!

slant6billy

Reaction score
What part of PA? Anywhere near Phila? Good luck with the certification. All too often the inspectors are biased and have an attitude. My cousin was inspecting in Northeast Phila. He threw attitude and eyeroll at anything that had been wrenched on. Like he could do better or something. Believe me, his personal vehicle was a pos. I had to lend him my SS/T for almost a year, b/c his jeep was to far gone to even fake being street legal or safe. Just be fair and don't put yourself at risk. Too much payoff inspections. A lot of ghetto cruisers with bald/ belt showing tires running around PA. It's these risk vehicles with phony inspection stickers I worry about. They likely crash into something of value.

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
I'm about an hour and a half away from Phila, near Reading and Allentown. If I get the licenses, I intend to be as fair and honest as I can be. No sense in risking getting in trouble, or losing customers.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm about an hour and a half away from Phila, near Reading and Allentown. If I get the licenses, I intend to be as fair and honest as I can be. No sense in risking getting in trouble, or losing customers.
Sounds like you are headed to Carlisle in July, just by default. Cool!

Back