going to look at a 79 Volare Duster

Sussmad

Reaction score
3F23N83He5Ed5F45Jcd2c00552e9b93d31b32.jpg
new here, came over from the abodies site. I'm going to take a look at this one: 55k /6: one barrel: extra fenders, hood , and grill. Owner (dealer) says there are 2 soft spots in the floor. they are asking $3500 I have no idea how these cars are priced but it seems high to me. (I'm in the Northeast though) opinions welcome. A while back I had a 79 volare wagon that was a good car until everything started to go at once at 140K miles.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
It doesn't look to bad from the photos. I see the grill is missing a piece, that could be hard to find a good one. Also the hood doesn't sit straight unless it's not shut all the way.Look underneath it front to back and check inside the trunk. If it was me, I would offer the seller $2800

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
If he's got an extra solid grille that's a $500 bonus alone.If that is, it's a correct 78-79 grille. But beings it's not a Roadrunner , It's high. If the floors are soft, So is the frame!! Have him pull it inside and put up on the lift so you can walk under it!!!!! If it's fresh undercoat run,don't walk away!!!!

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Bring a screw driver and magnet with a soft cloth. Try stabbing the screw driver through the frame rails and floors. Place the magnet on on the soft cloth and run it on the rocker panels and fenders. If it don't stick then you got bondo.

Back