Goofy Headliner Corner

Justwondering

Reaction score
Could someone take a picture of the rear, inside, upper corner of the headliner where it meets the inside bonnet of the rear window for a 87 or so Chrysler Fifth Avenue.

Here is mine after I finished and installed it.

IMG_3351.jpg
It looks goofy.

Is the bonnet supposed to meet even with the side rail that holds up the headliner? My side rail looks about 1/2 inch lower where it meets the rear bonnet.

IMG_3351.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Did you add the padded fabric to the trim? If so, the 3 pcs. overlapping could be causing the difference.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Yes I did add the fabric. since most of the interior was disintegrated I must have guessed wrong on when to cut even and when to fold over.

Thanks so much. I've been messing with this so long I can't see the forest for the trees.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
The holes that the machine screws go into are really sloppy. Just force the trim piece to line up, and force the machine screw in.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I am suffering greatly on the visors. For now, they are in the trunk. I thought the remaining trim would be easier to re-install. Ha ha.

I do spend a bit of time trying to line up the trim screw holes with the ones in the body. And of course, the stainless steel screws I bought (same size as removed) are sometimes too small because of the sloppiness.

But this will look so much better when its complete (and I'm wearing sunglasses when I look at it).

Back