Headliner Board

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! My whole headliner fell apart during removal, does any one have a headliner board without cloth? Or know where I can get one?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have your pieces, you might be able rebuild it.

Seat cleanup is my headliner story (pay no attention to the thread name), and try not to laugh too much at my expense.

Mine is not back together, yet . . .

BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I vote for using foamboard covered with felt. Then put your fabric of choice on top of that.

If you have to reinstall it by yourself (like I did), it takes two ratchet straps (longer ones).

Salsa dance your new headliner into the car via the rear entrance.

Thread the straps through the open doors and have the ratchet on the roof with a towel under it so it won't scratch the paint.

Do one strap through the front doors, another through the rear doors.

As you ratchet the straps, they will become extra hands and raise your headliner to the ceiling. You do have to reach your arm in and thread the center dome light through the dome light opening in your headliner which you remembered to cut before you put it in the car (hint hint).

If you find you want to or need to splice the foamboard, just use duct tape or something similar. The felt is to reduce the telegraphing of imperfections. Your fabric over that is to make it look fancy schmancy.

Back