heater fan switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgone58

Reaction score
Contact seller
Need a new heater/AC fan switch for my Fifth. Have to wiggle it around a bit to get it to catch Hi speed, then the other day it heated up and started smoking, so I am assuming it's shot. Let me know if anyone has a good one, has a chrome knob. Thanks. Email me at realgone58@gmail.com

NoCar340

Reaction score
Or, just walk into nearly any parts store in the world and ask for one. The aftermarket is littered with 'em; they fit just about everything from '80-up in the RWD world and a lot of the FWDers too. Standard Motor Products number is HS203; if you pay more than $15 you're getting stroked, hard. RockAuto sells it for $8.

FYI, if your fan switch is getting hot, chances are it's something downstream causing the problem. Might want to check your blower motor (Four Seasons 35491) & resistor (SMP RU476). The whole shootin' match should cost you way under $100 locally--unless the parts guys are truly greedy.

alf44

Reaction score
another thing that might cause a switch to get hot is a leak around the ducting next to the switch. my car had the duct partly removed from the dash vent and it was blowing hot air to the switch so check your ducts,lol

jasperjacko

Reaction score
If it's getting hot, it's either arcing inside or too many amps are going through it. Not good.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Yep, that's why I mentioned the resistor and the blower. Definitely want to diagnose what's causing it... it could be something as simple as a ground or a corroded connector.

alf44

Reaction score
my case it wasnt a shot switch or resistor, got lucky when i took dash apart and found the duct blowing hot air on switch

realgone58

Reaction score
Got one guys, thanks. Parts store, 8 bucks. Replaced and it's working fine. The switch is no longer getting hot, so apparently there was a short in the switch some where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back