Hello there!

Erics5th

Reaction score
Hello, new guy here. I'm also on dippy.org with the same user name, and several other Mopar boards. I have an '84 5th Avenue with 122K miles. Bought from a friend for $750 with 89K miles. Friend I bought her from took off the Lean Burn and installed an HEI ignition system, and put an Edelbrock SP2P manifold with a Holley 4360 450cfm carb. I gave thoses back to him and put on a Performer manifold and Edelbrock 1406 carb. He also put a Y pipe from an Aspen R/T, and I finished it off with a 2.5" exhaust pipe to a Flowmaster 44 muffler, and a 2.25" tail pipe. Friend also installed a 2.94 geared 8.75 axle from a '69 Beleveder. I have also installed a 125mph speedo and a 1 1/8" front sway bar. Here are some pictures:
ee6675aa.gif

steeringwheel.gif

engine.gif

Erics5th

Reaction score
Should add the only options not ordered with this car was the full size spare and aluminum wheels. Sun roof still works, as does all the power stuff. I added a radio/cassette/CD player from a 2000 Durango (bolted right in) and black HVAC face plate and head light switch. Even though it was a car that spend most of its life in Oregon/Washington, there is no rust other than behind the bumpers. Shouldn't get any here in Texas! OK, I think thats it..:icon_biggrin:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard...next time get some suntan on those legs before posting a picture with them showing...:toothy5:

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Welcome from Canada. Real nice 5th Ave you have, looks like a really sweet cruiser. I like the colour combo and I'm not talking about your legs.(We really are going to have to start a F Body Mopar Babe thread for ya bremereric LOL)

Erics5th

Reaction score
Next time I'll wear pants...:icon_eek: Yeah, its a great car. Runs great for a fairly stock 318...it loves these long Texas country roads! :icon_winkle:

Oh yeah, here is a (poor) video I did last year...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY96n_4RqIw"]YouTube - 1984 Chrysler 5th Avenue[/ame]

Last edited:

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Luxury at its best, fully loaded with leather. That is a really nice car with a mean rumble to boot. Cool Vid. When you put the camera down I half expected you to do a burn out LOL. Does it still have the 2.45 highway gears?

Erics5th

Reaction score
Luxury at its best, fully loaded with leather. That is a really nice car with a mean rumble to boot. Cool Vid. When you put the camera down I half expected you to do a burn out LOL. Does it still have the 2.45 highway gears?
No, 2.94 gears in an 8 3/4 rear.

Back