Hemi Mirada R/T in Mopar Action

Joe12459

Reaction score
photo.php

I guess I was wrong about Mopar Action. I guess they are interested in J Bodies after all. The Hemi Mirada R/T is in the April issue, coming out this week.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Maybe they're catching on that there's other letters. Not just A,B and E.
They cover what sells magazines. 20 years ago, they had more FMJ articles than they do now, but the interest still primarily lies with the muscle-era cars. In the parts market, that's what sells, and advertising is how magazines make money. I let my subscription lapse around 15 years ago, when the tech started to stray away from low/no-budget trickery to the newest, most-expensive bits offered by their advertisers--like the enormous waste of money known as "hydraulic roller cams". :rolleyes: Now you know why I have all those bitchin' tech articles--they're in decades-old back issues. But they now know where their bread really gets buttered. If you want to make money, you go where the money is. It's as simple as that. As an owner of both an '82 Imperial and a '74 Challenger, I can tell you there's a lot more money to be made (and spent) in the E-body game. I'm an enthusiast, not a restorer. I don't care about date codes, correct hardware, paint daubs, or any of that other stuff... but I can tell you that I've eaten a lot of ramen and 5-for-$10 frozen pizzas (lunch is a foreign concept to me) to build that Challenger the way I want it. The Imperial's a downright bargain by comparison, even though it's a much more ambitious project and as FMJ cars go, it's by a long shot the most expensive model as far as parts are concerned.

Back