Hey all! Gonna go autocrossing with an Aspen.

IndyDave

Reaction score
Hey all!

Name's Dave and I'm a lifelong Mopar freak as well as an F-Body owner. I have a 1979 Dodge Aspen with the R/T appearance pkg. It is a /6 car but when I bought it, it had a warmed over early 80's 318 / 727 TF combo with an 8&3/4 stuffed with 4.10's. It was being turned into a bracket car but the owner lost interest. My plans for it are a bit more ambitious. I'm turning the car into a Pro-Touring street fighter paying homage to the Chrysler Kit Car short track stock cars. I've always wanted to build a stock car inspired hot rod and the Aspen is that car. It will be GenIII Hemi powered with a manual transmission. Some of you might be disturbed by this next bit, but I'm swapping in a Laughlin former Busch Grand National chassis. I was able to snag it as a complete roller with a fresh quick change rear end for half of what I could by a Reilly Motorsports Alterkation front end. I couldn't pass it up and it fits the stock car vibe I'm going for. Ultimately, it'll be an over the top street car but it will also be my tool to compete in SCCA, and Goodguy's autocross competition in CAM (Classic American Muscle).

CAM is dear to me as I helped create the category. I'm the President of the Indianapolis Region SCCA and where CAM started. So I'm into going fast around cones in parking lots.

Thanks for allowing me to indulge myself.

Cheers,
Dave

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Welcome to the group; and don't run over any of those cones.

BHA43

Reaction score
Be sure to post pics of the progress of this build! I hope to do a rotisserie rebuild on this one and do the same thing!
20150211_13.jpg
20150211_14.jpg

I also have the Petty Road Course car I want to play with!
cup car 016.jpg
cup car 017.jpg

20150211_13.jpg

20150211_14.jpg

cup car 016.jpg

cup car 017.jpg

IndyDave

Reaction score
BHA43,

Dude, both of those are killer finds! I contacted you recently about some of your reproduction spoilers and window louvers for my project. I'll be contacting you soon to place the order.

Back