hkr5115 1.75" headers in Volare?

76volareman

Reaction score
will these work on our cars? with a little mods? has anyone tried? i need a set of 1 3/4 primary headers and can get these somewhat cheap.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I use the 5115 on my Miradas.
Pretty much, they drop right in.
A small ding by the rag joint might be required.
This varies due to the condition of the stock rubber K Frame mounts. If they are compressed, the header might rub the joint.
The 90° oil filter adapter has to be removed.
I used a Fram PH8 oil filter, screwed directly on the blocks flat oil filter plate.
Choose flange bolts designed for use with a smaller size wrench, as the tubes are very close to the bolts.

76volareman

Reaction score
it says that they are 4 the larger body cars like cordobas. im concerned because they dont have the drop down 2 tubes that the steering goes through like my current ones.

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
I use the 5115 headers on my LeBaron and had to "massage" the area where it passes by the steering knuckle just a little bit. I ground down the steering knuckle a little and they fit fine and I use solid mounts on the body and engine. +1 on Mirada's post-the biggest pain in the neck are the flange bolts. I have to screw in the front one then the back one and start all of them before I tighten any down. They are much cheaper than a custom 4-2-1, but I lost some HP switching to them.

76volareman

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. ill get a set comming. the 1 5/8" headers i have now overhang my exhaust port exits and is causing all kinds of wierd problems.

440 Volare

Reaction score
I had to remove part of the bulge on the passenger side were number 6 cylinder tube goes by. The bulge is for the A arm adjustment. I had no problem with manual steering. I also have solid K member attachments and used Schumacher S6 to 360 adapters. The pic of the green engine bay is from another swap, you only need to remove the bulge as the rounded upper part was to get to number 6 plug through the wheel well (RB eng).
100_0224.jpg
100_0229.jpg
100_0214.jpg

100_0224.jpg

100_0229.jpg

100_0214.jpg

Last edited:

76volareman

Reaction score
nice! thanks for the pics! i hope these headers don't overlap my exhaust ports like the 1.625" ones do now. now to find a nice slightly bigger than stock gasket. im thinking a copper or aluminum one? can trim if need be.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Back in the day, I found that the Percys aluminum gasket wouldn't work with the 5115.
Best to lay a gasket over the header flange for a visual, before you have the headers in the engine bay.

super-p

Reaction score
will these work on our cars? with a little mods? has anyone tried? i need a set of 1 3/4 primary headers and can get these somewhat cheap.

Yes they work u have to message the tube at the rag joint. But they do work u dont have to take the steering linkage loose or anything. I uused to bust those a-body style headers on man hole covers cause the driver side hangs low but not with 5115 and they wake up that motor

Back