Holley Hemi Swap Oil Pans - fitment issues

mattechperf

Reaction score
I recently received (after a 2 month wait) my center sump cast aluminum oil pan from Holley.
Firstly, I ordered directly from Holley and when my order was due to ship (Feb 28th) they bumped me to an April ship date. Turns out they fulfilled all the big name stocking orders first (Summit, Jegs, etc).
I had to cancel and then reorder with Summit Racing. (Small rant over)

Anyway, some feedback on the product.
Overall, looks good. I like the design with an o-ring style seal and a seemingly well designed windage tray setup.
The problem:
The damn thing won't clear aftermarket main studs. I may be able to grind some clearance in it, but I'm just disappointed that after 2 months and $450 I can't just bolt this on.
Just a warning to anyone considering one of these with their swap project.
I'll add more details as I start fitting this up to the engine and also how it fits on the M-body K-frame.

20220303_212736.jpg

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I see what you mean...man, even tryimg to clearance that will leave you with a tiny strip. I suppose the good news is that there is no fastener on that side so that metal just "sits" there.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Machined surfaces and o-ring gaskets. Next build is going to be current generation stuff. Doesn't matter when or what it was made for though - shit never bolts together.

mattechperf

Reaction score
Holley did respond that with a polite, although predictable response that they're aware of the issue but this was not considered during initial production.
Sounds like they'll alter the molds, but that'll be a new revision down the line.
Time to get out the die grinder!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I bought a stud girdal for my SBF project that fit perfectly if you didn't need a crankshaft or oil pump...

mattechperf

Reaction score
Did a little grinding and it fits pretty well. I need to install the windage tray and pickup, but I believe it'll be fine.
I lost my long 14mm 12pt 1/2" drive socket need for these friggin ARP head stud nuts.
That'll stop you dead in your tracks.
20220309_193421.jpg
20220309_193412.jpg
20220309_193922.jpg

Back