WANTED HOOD RELEASE LATCH RETAINING CLIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Probably doesn't really help but, it appears the p/n for the clips is 3586884. It's really had to tell for sure, looking at the parts catalog illustration, much less see what they look like. I've got an inside release so no example to look at. There may be another clip that looks similar and does the same thing that would work if absolute originality isn't a concern.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Never mind on the part number I posted. It's for the nylon clips that hold the linkage rod on. Are there grooves in the pivot pin? If so, the clips are most likely a standard e-clip you can get at the hardware store.

MOPAR MIKE

Reaction score
Never mind on the part number I posted. It's for the nylon clips that hold the linkage rod on. Are there grooves in the pivot pin? If so, the clips are most likely a standard e-clip you can get at the hardware store.
they look to be a flat folded over metal that slides into position with a hole to slide the pivot rod through. There are two wide tabs molded into the back of the grille.

Aspen500

Reaction score
OK, it sounds familiar now. For what it's worth I did find the p/n for the clips and it's 6006406. Parts Voice didn't find any listed. Spent a little time digging through my stash but didn't find anything either.

volare 1977

Reaction score
here is a pic

clip and pin.jpg

MOPAR MIKE

Reaction score
I just received the ones from Jims Auto Parts.
Put those in a safe place, someone is going to need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back