Hood Tach

JGC403

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a hood tach? All the ones that I have found say Pontiac on them.

slant6billy

Reaction score
good & hood ?

I had 2 a few years ago. One looked ok, but was not able to se low RPM very accurate and only went to 6 grand. The other was newer, but would not work. I see them at swap meets- that's where I dumped mine off. The auto meter I just installed in my F-body with a 5 wire ignition (silver street/ strip box- mopar) is dead on accurate....... better than my stock bezel in my Ram. So if you just want the look of a hood tach, but accuracy might be a problem- good luck.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Go on Ebay,under hood tach,there's a company that sells a no name hood tach that looks like a 70-72 Buick GS hood tach for about $230.00.I'm thinking of getting one for my car.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Hmmm dont think i've ever seen a 'factory' hood tach on a Mopar... Always thought that was mostly a GM thing....

DCAspen

Reaction score
Muscle Hustle tach was a dealer installed item in the early 70's.It was a dixco tach that looked like a Mustang one but had a white chrysler pentastar at the bottom where them needle is.Muscle Hustle was dealer speed parts from the mid 60's until the early 70's when they changed the name to direct connection.It is now called mopar performance.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one without the pentastar...

$(KGrHqRHJCYE-eBNU-0IBPvjItWQL!~~60_57.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIXCO-VINTA...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2570eee0c3&vxp=mtr

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
WOW what a BIG ...... picture you have there Eric... lol Wonder if it could be "restored" by one of the cluster restoration services? It is a little forlorn looking...

Back