How about a police chase video...chasing an old M body

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07x-sl6cimA"]YouTube - Amazing Hgh-speed Car Chase by State Trooper[/ame]

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Saw it over on Dippy.corg, but still watch these guy pull this DA stunt in a 5th Ave for the entertainment value. That cop is a good size dude- see him when he gets out of the car at the end of the video?

Last edited:

Dago Red

Reaction score
Daddy, My Hat Blew Off

"You sumbeeches couldn't close an umbrella......":toothy4:

Check out a little gem called "Short Time" with Dabney Coleman. He absolutely wears out an M-body in a terrific cops-and-robbers chase scene.

Last edited:

80aspende

Reaction score
hahaah gave that vic a run for its money ,love it my vote is 318

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
"You sumbeeches couldn't close an umbrella......":toothy4:

Check out a little gem called "Short Time" with Dabney Coleman. He absolutely wears out an M-body in a terrific cops-and-robbers chase scene.

Like this?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2i08S3YeY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

slant6billy

Reaction score
Uh....... that dippy moved good, but the Crown Vic Intercepter was able to get up to it a couple of times guys. The cop exercised good judgement by yielding at those two red lights and it cost him the capture. In 2008, a 20 plus year old dippy would need to be in top shape- motor/ trans and front steering & suspension..... not to mention good tires. Quite honestly, I'd prefer an AWD Dodge Hemi Charger or Hemi AWD Magnum from a few years ago if I had to Out run a police Radio. Had an AWD Hemi as a rental in 2008 and hands down absolutely a different type of car. If the boys at Dodge made a SRT Challenger with AWD, it would take down a lot of 6 figure exotics. Not a big fan of wrenching on anything overcomplicated, but the Nissan Skylines are tough to catch with a RWD American V8. Same with the Subaru and Mitsubishi all wheel drive cars. M bodies will hook in the 1/4 mile nicely, but getting the right guy or girl at the wheel to handle it. Torsion bar suspensions don't react like coil fronts and if you aren't ready for road response, you can really screw up. Hey, it is just my 2 cents and I'd never try to out run the cops and don't recommend it by any means.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, My dad loved the movie "Short Time" even though he had a 5th ave and not a dippy, but still an M body.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You also have two very different factors going on here too.
The guy in the 5th is running and doesn't give a sh*t about anything but getting away.
The cop is trying to catch or at least stay on the guy without killing anybody.
AND maybe the guy in the 5th is a better driver.
He can't be too bad if he's ripping around in a soupy suspension M body.
In a straightaway I'm sure the Vic would take him.
But hey... Don't tell anyone but I've had my 5th rockin' down the highway up around 95
She was still just purring and had some left too.
Those sluggo smogger 318's take a while to get there
But eventually they do get there.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
He can't be too bad if he's ripping around in a soupy suspension M body.

True
In a straightaway I'm sure the Vic would take him.
Thats true also, and dont forget, the police packaged vics have heavier sway bars etc than the 'civilian' models. And from experience the new cop vics has a top end of 140. (used to have a buddy that worked @ the dealership the cars came thru and they had to be "checked-out" as he put it...) besides whos gonna stop a black n white with wig wags going? lol
But hey... Don't tell anyone but I've had my 5th rockin' down the highway up around 95
She was still just purring and had some left too.
Those sluggo smogger 318's take a while to get there
But eventually they do get there.
Yer secret is safe with us all, here on the internet...lol

Dago Red

Reaction score
Great Minds Think Alike

"Short Time" was on local TV the other day so I watched it......again.

All I could yell at the TV set during the car chase, seeing those Aspens and Volares, was, "THE GRILLS!!!! SAVE THOSE FREAKING GRILLS, DAMMIT!!!!":cussing:

Back