How tough are these M bodies ??

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm hoping it does the trick. I'm not sure if our winters are better, worse or the same as yours Captain. But it's a six month stretch of winter here every year, four of those months feature heavy road salt and brine usage. I can't bear to see this truck rotten like every other vehicle.

Nobody around here really does the oiling thing. It's surprisingly unknown for such a harsh climate. Maybe it'll catch on eventually.

We have an easy four to five months of winter hell up here.
And yes the salt brigade are insane. You can literally watch cars rot in the winter. Oil spray is pretty common up here. Mind you a lot of people don't but they don't really care since they dump their ride after say five years tops.

compubert

Reaction score
I find that type of brand loyalty to be exceptional. It is amazing what has happened slowly in the automotive industry, to lower quality , and greatly increase expense of ownership. My 1988 Fifth is the second newest car I own. I have no desire for a new car.
I'll try to get a picture of his car next time. Oh by the way his car did not smoke on start up or as he drove off.
540k on mine and it WAS smokin at first start then I got some zinc additive for the oil. No smoke again!

Master M

Reaction score
Is that 540k on an original engine that was never opened up ? If so that is incredible !! Where did you get the zinc additive ?

Back