How's Sandy?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone's taking a butt whooping by Hurricane Sandy.Getting pretty windy up here, gusts to around 50 mph so far.Lots of rain going sideways now too.Not as crazy as a few of you guy's on the east coast.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
550,000+ power outages on Long Island. I lost power at 2:00 I got a generator running my tv, internet, computer, fridge, microwave and gas oven. Ive had cold beer all day and my daughter just baked a cake. Not only is it a nice snack but running the oven will heat the house up some.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, you guy's pretty much took it head on didn't you.
Gotta like a generator.
It's giv'n'er pretty good here now.
Gotta be kissing 60 mph gusts and lots o' rain.
Nothing compared to what you guy's took.
Sounds like your doing pretty well dispite it.
Good to hear.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Wow. Gonna take them a while to get that fixed up.
I'm guessing you're a victim of someone else's grid.

Just for laughs,
Here's the latest and greatest.
vis-l-1.jpg

vis-l-1.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I got a crap load of leaves and muck. Lost power for 40 minutes. My ups battery died in 10 minutes- so need a need 12volt gel. One of my other crazy passions other than mopars and music, is cutting trees/ pruning. I was pro active in cutting back all my trees over the years to prevent any from falling onto my house or other stuff. I go real redneck too. I'll climb 40 to 50 feet up with a power saw- sometimes, but usually just me and a handsaw. I cleared my back yard of something like 30 small trees (6inch diameter to 30inch dia trunks). This way, I've got plenty of room for parts cars and projects. I still have plenty of woods behind me, but a good 120 feet back from the house. So I'm off today to put the canopy back on my car tent and inspect for other crap from the storm. There were definitely some folks not to far from me who got much worse then I did and wish them well. Anyone needed some sawing or know anyone who does, just let me know and I'll take a ride like I said- I dig cutting timber.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Way to go billy,
Good neighbor policy.
Was a non event here.
Wind gusts and rain.
The way they were hyping it on the news here you'd figure armageddon was coming. Clowns lining up to buy generators and water.
I've seen worse come out of a fisher price thunderstorm.
Sheep.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Well we never have snow like this on October 30th. I don't even live in the mountains of WV lol

snow.jpg

-Kenny

snow.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Holy crap.
I've gotta feeling it might be one of those years.
I've gotta get my Caravelle tucked away for the winter
And get my 5th oil sprayed FAST!

10secRR

Reaction score
I think I will deal with the wind , rain and a little flood. Screw the snow. LOL
We had tons of rain ,some high tides with a little flooding and a lot of muck afterwards. Here is a pic from my back yard.

14-IMG_1665.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Whoa!
We got off totally easy up here.
Of course the media tried to scare the crap out if everyone up here for nothing.
And of course they bought it.

10secRR

Reaction score
Yea they said the same thing around here. Moved everything , Moved the rv and all the cars and put everything up. Here is the water in the garage. About 4" LOL.

7-IMG_1675.JPG

10secRR

Reaction score
I know a lot of people got it real bad , and I feel sorry for them. We didn't get squat compared to 2003 Isabel. See the top black stripe on the wall ? That is where the water was back then.

slant6billy

Reaction score
After cleaning up outside somewhat, I took some of the headliner material I used on my F coupe (Lowe's $19 backless 1/4 inch carpet) and used it on the back deck area. I tucked it under the rear seat back and the inner 1/4 panel lip as well the lower rear window trim. It ain't factory, but it has a real clean look. Finished and my neighbor rang the door bell and I had fun with the saw on a few of his downed trees. Better than the gym- man. good heart rate pump!

Back