i like this alot

greymouser7

Reaction score
It costs over $2000 to run a six pack, I would run dual quads, a single thermoquad (800 or 1000cfm!!!) or a predator carb if you want some exotic eye candy.

They do have a new $3-4K carburetor out now if you are rich.

That's about $2200++ for three carbs, linkage, and intake, and air cleaner, plus more expensive air filters as time marches on.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
At about $2200, aftermarket fuel injection starts to look doable. A low buck solution would be the Street Demon 750 CFM in the ball burnished finish for $350-400.

Kostas

P.S. The QFI system can also handle ignition timing. Even more interesting is that it requires the use of a distributor that doesn't have its own advance curve, like the ones on most of our cars that have the ESA/Lean Burn distributors.

greymouser7

Reaction score
personally, I wanted to weld and modify the chevy dual quad rpm airgap intake to fit an LA motor, put two off-set-canted adapter plates to it and run two thermoquads on a stroker motor-with crank-trigger, timing gears instead of chains and noisy rhoads lifters on a large mother-thumper flat tappet cam -with a couple of exhaust cut out valves after the headers and before the x pipe crossover (you can close up the valves before the PO PO can figure it out.

with a lopey cam, noisy valve train & gears, and what sounds like open headers, every eyebrow that is in your vicinity would raise directly in proportion to your throttle deflection -which is what an obnoxious motor head wants

greymouser7

Reaction score
plus that one guy sells 4.25 forged cranks for $750ish and with the right early 360 block, you are well on your way past 450 cubic inches- you could pass everything in sight but the second gas station!

Back