I stumbled across these tonight..

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
trio of cop cars returned to the road

Plymouthcopcar_resized.jpg

Scarselli‘s been bombarding me with photos of recently restored cop cars lately, several of which are downright awesome, and surprisingly only one of which is a Ford. He started with Tom Sheehy’s 1966 Plymouth, a former NY State Police patrol car.
Diplomatcopcar_01_resized.jpg

He then passed on another former NY statey car, this one a 1985 Dodge Diplomat that Trooper Dave Olney restored. Possibly the only way an ’85 Diplomat could be cool.
Diplomatcopcar_02_resized.jpg

Finally, he tipped us off on a Max Rockatansky yellow Interceptor being boxed up and shipped off to the States. Illinois, specifically.
Interceptor_01_resized.jpg

Interceptor_02_resized.jpg

Interceptor_03_resized.jpg

Interceptor_04_resized.jpg

77RTNJ

Reaction score
Those are australian Ford Falcons. they were pretty neat looking cars, especially compared to the old US Ford falcons my dad had in the 60's.

Kevin

ramenth

Reaction score
I forgot how sharp this paint scheme is on a M-body.

The schemes on the CV's have lightened up the blue, but kept the stripe. The paint on the Tahoe's has gone back to this shade.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Is that color kown as "Federal Blue," Ramenth? There was a dark metallic blue that was really sharp and I only remember seeing it on some of the military (non-strato blue AF cars), FBI, and such. Never saw it on a 5th,or civie versions.

ramenth

Reaction score
Is that color kown as "Federal Blue," Ramenth? There was a dark metallic blue that was really sharp and I only remember seeing it on some of the military (non-strato blue AF cars), FBI, and such. Never saw it on a 5th,or civie versions.

Not sure on the color name or code. Seems that there are very very few staties which leaked out to the auctions around here and the ones which did wound up being painted taxi yellow with a quick spray.

Dago Red

Reaction score
Go Blue

Hey Ram, I lived in Upper Michigan in the late 70's and remember the blue and gold Michigan State Police M-bodys. They were built like short track stock cars, and ran like them too!

I fact, after a particularly excellent party, I recall getting to sit in the back of one....................:rolleyes:

Reaction score
What is it?

Yep, what do you think the last one is?

It is an Australian Ford Falcon. Ford also sold it here in the states. Our version was called the Ford Maverick. I must admit though we never had a four door maverick that looked like that. I have also seen pics of a wagon version of the same car but not as a cop car. The Aussies realized that four door and wagon body styles were just as cool as two doors and made just as good a hot rod long before the idea caught on here in the states. Ford would have sold a ton of those if they had been built here. Gregg

77RTNJ

Reaction score
I believe the australian Fords were off a different chassis. The US falcons came in 4 door and wagons also. The falcon chassis was the same used on the early mustangs.

Kevin

Back