imperial fuel injection to carb

mopops

Reaction score
Yeah, I bet it was a pain in the neck to do.. My gauges work, but all that high tech stuff like fuel economy, and other computer functions that the digital cluster is suppose to report on do not play along. I dislike digital gauges!
so i guess you have one of these cars? for me if the basics work like oil pres eng temp charge speedo thats fine with me tks

ChryslerCruiser

Reaction score
how do you do the HEI?
Diagrams here for a few different options. My understanding is any electronic ignition coil will work, but the ones designed for an HEI type system are best. Ford trucks from 85-96 used a coil that works well and is easy to get a coil to distributor wire for.. I used a coil from a 98 GM 5.7L, and the coil is a pain in the butt to source an ignition cable to feed the distributor with..

chevy style HEI on 318

mopops

Reaction score
tks i seen a good wright up on for a bodys, it gave wiring part #s . i plan to add this and leave the old in place for back up merry xmas gjg

Ele115

Reaction score
You should be able to just get a good Chrysler electronic distributor for about $20 and HEI it if you want. Those are reliable and really easy to come by. Get a box and wiring harness off your favorite website and buy the carb and intake of your choice. These are probably the only parts for these cars that you can still find without any hassle. Despite what you may hear, you CAN use the very common 360 iron 4 barrel intake. It will work fine as long as you have a spread bore carb or adapter. The ports don't exactly match, but the engine will pull what it needs into the cylinders and it's fine unless you are trying to set some kind of horsepower record and those intakes are easy to find and cheap. I put one on one of many from my parts pile onto one my 318 wagons and it's a lot better than the 2 barrel ever could have been on it's best day. The LA needs to breathe. All of these parts are very easy to come by

mopops

Reaction score
my fathers been sick when he gets better he will get in touch with all you guys who responded to his post tks jg

Back