Imperial garage door wall mount controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCat

Reaction score
Contact seller
Maybe worth a shot

Mom got a new 1981 Imperial in Oct. 1980 currently it has 15,300 miles still has the original tires, paint interior. In 1988 the dealer installed the retro kit to remove the fuel injection

9826 miles then, 5,400 since

I stored it at my house starting in the early 90s and had the wall mount garage door controller mounted on the wall just to have it close to the car. I sold the house and forgot to get the opener off the wall.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONTROLLER for a 1981 Imperial?

IT WOULD BE JUST FOR SHOW WITH THE CAR have all the stuff except the window sticker (dad took it to work to show someone and we never found it) and the controller

Please let me know if you have one and would sell it.

My imp

Reaction score
Can't you just have the DIP switches in the back set to your existing opener? The transmitter in the visor has the DIP switches. I don't know for sure, but it's worth a shot asking someone who does garage door installs. Good luck!

83Imp

Reaction score
The Imperial opener will not work with the newer (last 20 years) 'rotating code' garage door openers. If you can find an old dip switch style opener (as My imp stated) you'd have something.

georad

Reaction score
I have the garage controller unit new in the box if you really want one. I really need a factory 4bbl intake for my Imperial if you have or know anybody that has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back