inmywj - New member from Michigan

inmywj

Reaction score
View attachment 1366Hey guys,
Just joined here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Todd and I am from St. Clair Shores, Michigan. I have a 1988 Dodge Diplomat SE, with 42.5K on the clock. I bought the car in 2008, to be my winter beater as I had just bought a Chrysler SRT8. The Dodge was way too clean to be a winter beater as it had never seen salt before. So, it got a spot in the garage and the Chrysler, which was leased, sat outside and was my daily driver.

My Dodge is a beautiful shade of Black Cherry, with a Crimson Red velvet interior. It has two fender tags, but I won’t bore you with all the details. Here are a few highlights:
- Base 318 2V
- A999 Heavy Duty Transmission
- 8.25" rear end, 2.26
- Heavy duty cooling
- Six way power drive, split bench, recliners
- Pwr Windows, Door Locks, Trunk Release & Mirrors
- Leather Tilt Steering Wheel
- Cruise Control
- Rear Window Defogger
- Illumination Package
- Luxury Equipment Package
- 15" True Spoke Wheel Covers. (I replaced with NOS turbines)
- Full size spare with Trunk Dress-up cover
- Front and Rear Bumper Guards

I like the car quite a lot. I get looks and comments when I do take it out. I have done many repairs and upgrades over the last few years, including replacing a bad climate control servo, new heavy duty leaf spring and poly bushings, new valve cover gaskets, and a lot more.

I am also on the lookout for a 1981 LeBaron in good shape. If you know of one, hit me up. Thanks, inmywj

433.jpg

1988 SE 7.jpg

1988 SE 29.jpg

1988 SE 24.jpg

1988 SE 42.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
OR, WA, and CA haven't used salt in many years. They dont use much of anything else, either.

Cars don't rust away here like back east. Ssshhh, thats our little secret.

Back