'80 'doba LS

Reaction score
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0722.JPG

Cordoba (3).JPG

Cordoba (9).JPG

'80 'doba LS

Reaction score
I picked these wheels up the other day. They are kinda rough. Well, three of them or in fairly decent condition. My question is, are they worth saving and using on my car? They came off or a Mirada

IMG_0805.JPG

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Yes, they are worth saving, and when cleaned up and polished would work well with your LS. They appear to be the forged versions as well, a good thing.

Not to criticize as you probably got the car this way, but I am of the opinion that the wire wheel covers are a little bit out of place on an LS, which is the sporty version of the Cordoba. These wheels would look a lot better.

Great looking car, by the way, looks really clean.

Last edited:

'80 'doba LS

Reaction score
Thanks! This is how I got the car. I am now the second owner. It is a barn find. Last inspection was 1993. It is very clean. These wheels are Kelsey Hayes. I hope they clean up. They are missing one center. A guy was telling me that they would cost anywhere from $50-$100/ea. to polish up. I don't know if they are worth that. I'm new to this.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
2016_1.jpg
Your LS looks great. I spent $100 per wheel to get mine polished, and they turned out spectacular. I think it is a worth while spend if you don't care to do it yourself. Here's what they look like on my Nightwatch Blue 1981:
2016_4.jpg

'80 'doba LS

Reaction score
Your car looks great too! I know that Cragar's cost $167/ea from Summit. Just wasn't sure if my rims were worth the money. I do like the look of them though. I wish I could find good bumper fillers/corners for the rear.

Cordoba (14).JPG

'80 'doba LS

Reaction score
Thank you! Your car looks awesome! Fast too! Mine only has the Slant 6 in it. I've got a '79 Dodge Minnie Winnie that has a 440 in it. I don't use the Rrrrrrrr-veeeee anymore.

Joe12459

Reaction score
Thank you! Your car looks awesome! Fast too! Mine only has the Slant 6 in it. I've got a '79 Dodge Minnie Winnie that has a 440 in it. I don't use the Rrrrrrrr-veeeee anymore.
Mine started out with a slant six, and my son's 81 CMX is a slant six car. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere. I drove mine for six years before the Hemi upgrade.

'80 'doba LS

Reaction score
I will keep it stock. I just got it running tonight and drove it home.... about 150 feet! No brakes but it was uphill. I don't know when the last time it ran so, I took the valve cover off. Emptied the oil. Poured new oil all over the lifters, rockers & pushrods. Sprayed WD40 in the cylinders and then cranked it a few times. Put it all back together & dumped some gas in the carb. Fired right up.

Joe12459

Reaction score
I will keep it stock. I just got it running tonight and drove it home.... about 150 feet! No brakes but it was uphill. I don't know when the last time it ran so, I took the valve cover off. Emptied the oil. Poured new oil all over the lifters, rockers & pushrods. Sprayed WD40 in the cylinders and then cranked it a few times. Put it all back together & dumped some gas in the carb. Fired right up.
Slant six is a great engine. It will run forever.

Back