Introducing New Member: 84granfury

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Welcome 84granfury! I see you are from Canon City! That is where my '78 Aspen wagon was sold new - at Bill Berry Motors, 910 Main Street. When I was there in 2012, the dealer was long gone and had been turned into a thrift store I think. Do you have any memories of the dealership? I still have a lot of the original paperwork from when it was sold new.

November 2014 002.jpg

Old Yellow (OY) as my friend named it, was originally bought by an older woman from Pueblo, who rarely drove it, and mostly it just sat in Pueblo and then in Farmington N.M. for most of it's life. When she passed away, her family brought it back to Pueblo, and sold it to a friend of a friend of mine who lives in Penrose, who then flipped it to me in 2012 with only 27K miles on it.

Davids Camera 066.JPG

Here's a few pics of when I took it to the Shell Station at Rt's 115 & 50 in Penrose to wash it off and gas it up that first day I picked it up.

Davids Camera 099.JPG

Davids Camera 098.JPG

Of course, no trip to Penrose Colorado would be complete without several stops at Coyote's Coffee Den!

Davids Camera 103.JPG

138.JPG

My friend and I had flown out to pick up OY and then drove it home to Pennsylvania, where it now lives a low key retirement in it's garage and periodically has new toys purchased for it. Here is a more recent picture of it.

June 14, 2015 014.jpg

So welcome! This is a great site with good folks and lots of good information. And now lets see pics of your Gran Fury!

Back