Introducing New Member: Bernd

Bernd

Reaction score
Hello together,
I am a 55 Years old Chief mechanic of a German Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Service Department. I am proud owner of a 83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue. Her name is Crystal.
Hope to find some support for my Lady in this forum

--- Post updated ---
A few Photos of my Lady, thank you for letting me join this community

IMG_3981.JPG

IMG_4196.JPG

014 (1024x768).jpg

015 (1024x768).jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Bernd --
So glad you are here.
I was going to ask if you've ever been to olesnica, poland but it appears to be 6 1/2 hours away from your location. Seems a far distance.

You have an amazing car. Tell us some details... how did she find her way to your garage?

Darth-Car

Reaction score
That is one beautiful Lady! Welcome to the group.

It would be interesting to see more photos of your technicians in the workshop to see how it compares to workshops of Chrysler dealerships here in the United States.

Bernd

Reaction score
@Justwondering I have been in Poland last November, my son had a school project about Auschwitz and Birkenau. But we have been there with my Company Car, a Chrysler 300C Station. Why do you ask?
The way Crytal found her way to our Family is amazing, A former Customer, Philip, was working as a teacher for the Army here in Germany. I took care of his 3 Chryslers from 1994 until he went back to Florida in 2007. Philip bought Crystal brandnew in 1983. We stood in contact after his return to the states. In 2013 he sent an E mail, that he and his wife, Mary Anne, would make holidays in Europe. I invited them to spent a few days in our home. ( German invitation I told him). We had a wonderful time together, our wifes liked each other as much as we did. The last evening, we made a BBQ on our Veranda, Philip gave me an envelope, full with photos of Crystal, the last sheet was the title. I asked him what he was doing with the title in Germany, told him that it should be in his safe in the states.
There he asked me to take Crystal as a present. For him, he said, It's time to say Goodbye and he wants her having more good years in our family.
Unbelivable, isn't it?
--- Post updated ---

It would be interesting to see more photos of your technicians in the workshop to see how it compares to workshops of Chrysler dealerships here in the United States.
If you want to see what we are doing here in our Company, you can look on our Facebook Site, Ebert Automobile GmbH

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Powerful story!
So you are good man with a good heart ... and now a good car!

I ask about Poland because of my family history research. Its now called Olsnica, Poland. But once it was known as Oels, Germany. I have pictures of my grandfather's family from about 1880 but there are no names. A mystery I want to solve.
--- Post updated ---
Awesome Car!
Looks like it just came off the production line!

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the web site of your dealership. You have a lot of interesting cars. It was interesting seeing the European version of the Prowler..

Bernd

Reaction score

If you want to see what we are doing here in our Company, you can look on our Facebook Site, search
Thank you for sharing the web site of your dealership. You have a lot of interesting cars. It was interesting seeing the European version of the Prowler..
The Prowler is very seldom in Europe. This customer comes from Suisse to our shop to have the car serviced

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Wow, gorgeous car and an amazing story with it. Welcome to the site!

David Clark

Reaction score
Welcome welcome welcome.

I was stationed in Germany when I was in the Army Back in the 90's. First Duty Station was Rhein Main AFB near Frankfurt and then our Unit Moved to Kaiserslaughtern (not sure if I spelled that right) commonly called K-Town but us Soldiers. I would love to go back to Germany some day as a Civilian.

Bernd

Reaction score
Hey David, if you were driving Chrysler in that time, we should know each other. I was working near Darmstadt at Lieske, Chrysler Dealer and Service Department in that time. K Town is Kaiserslautern, the Army is there today, too. I have a lot of customers from there.

lowbudget

Reaction score
Hello, I see you found us. Welcome to the forum! That was a great story. I fly through Frankfurt every 28 days but have only taken 2 quick trips outside. That was before all the security and just to grab a couple of beers. One of these days I need to make a layover.

David Clark

Reaction score
Nope, I was driving an 84 Ford Fairmont Station Wagon with a Mustang 4 Cylinder engine we threw in it with a 4 speed. Called it Puff the Tragic Wagon but would do 150 MPH LOL. Just before I got out though I bought a 95 Neon from the Dealer there at the PX in Vogelway (can't remember the spelling on that place either).

Back