Introducing New Member: Daklomat45

Daklomat45

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I picked up an 87 Diplomat last week. I'll start by saying I was raised around everything Mopar. Growing up my father always had mid 80s Furys. I have always loved these cars. Now that its time for myself to start dipping into the family situation, the regular cab pickups are not going to cut it. I couldn't bring myself to get a modernized tin can they call cars now-a-days. So the loose search for an M body began. I saw one for sale last year but it was gone before I could look. A year later the same car came back up locally. It needs TLC from neglect and sitting around but over all a solid originally from South Carolina car. The work this car needs is nothing that scares me as I am a heavy equipment mechanic and have always tinkered with, wrenched on, and built my own vehicles. However, I know every brand, make, and model has its own tips and tricks from those experienced with them. After cruising around these forums for a day or two there seems to be a lot of knowledge here!

Last edited:

Daklomat45

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Any pics?

20191022_174815 (1).jpg

20191103_130715 (1).jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Wow, looks to be in great shape. That can't be a NY car, is it? Is it going to be a winter driver? With your proximity to the boarder you can take it into Canada to get it undercoated once a year with the oil spray. Really saves cars from road salt.

Back