Introducing New Member: Hemiron56

Hemiron56

Reaction score
Hey everybody.
Well, I've been into mopars since my dad traded in his brand new 61 Biscayne wagon,3 on the tree 6 banger for a special order turquoise sport fury. I remember the reason to upgrade and return to his mother mopar home. I was about 7yrs old when on our family vacation seems the old?,new chev.,full of camping gear 2 adults 3teens myself and pulling a 13' dingy boat and motor...phew. wouldn't, couldn't pull up a 17% road to camp! We all got out,dad drove on then came back and got us. My dad's dad and his dad all drove Walter's cars trucks and vans. Dad wasn't just upset about the vacation incident, more about his decision to stray. I,in the meantime had a 64 v8 4sp cuda I nailed for $300 in 72. From their on its pretty much,if it had a pentastar emblem on the lower right fender,just behind the tire,I owned at least 1of. Dad worked a deal at Schenectady chry.ply. installing intercom systems. He'd let me tag along,mmmmmm smell that back shop,the showroom. And best of all new Plymouth and Chrysler insides. Oddly I've only came across that aroma one other time about 10yrs ago. After high school I worked at the largest dodge dealer in town where i saw my 1st s/s dart. I attended the 1971 Plymouth trouble shooters contest where my team came in 7th.not bad for the region, but not good enough for the nats. While at dodge I purchased a 383 gts dart,threw in a 4:10 r&p (already had sure-grip), and flat towed it behind a s/o aspen r/t. Crankwindow's, radio delete,no a/c, 3:43 sure grip,3sp.od. and oh yea,by the way, can I get it like this pretty black one here near the back of this brochure? Y'all know the one. Took 7wks to get it and I did the prep. Back then we installed little chry.co. gold letter decals that read in gold: RoadReady and I remember laughing inside this baby's gonna get DragReady. Never raced the o.d, but the 4sp.got me into the high 14's x/ stock at Lebanon valley. ( i installed an aluminum 4sp.the day it was delivered.) Oh the perks of warranty repairs!,those were the last grasp at fast as far as muscle was concerned. I still remember my share of keeping them on the road and at the track. I twice have surgically grafted on t-tops on 2 of my aspens where I'd buy a complete roof and cut the top opening and installing the parts like the factory did. And am currently looking now for another project F, ( I've owned 13 assorted f bodys)and would like to hear from anyone who knows were one might be. Roller or complete I'll consider anything, although I have built 318,so a v-8 k-frame roller will work, a 6cy. K would be ok if its a pedal car.( either I replace a k,or install a tunnel and hang some pedals.) Not married, live w my son in sunny central fl. And collect/operate Lionel trains. Thanks for having me onboard, Ron hood

Back