Introducing New Member: JMGray

JMGray

Reaction score
Thank you everyone,

I own an 81' Mirada, light heather grey, ox blood interior. It's been in the family since 1988 and was retired 2001. Finding this forum through the F,J,M & R BODY FANS on Facebook, is a huge blessing because I was hesitant to restore or fix what little was wrong with it. No reliable part suppliers, no real Guru's available until recently. Most anyone that was die hard Mopar fan have only heard of a Mirada, and maybe owned one at one time but never knew much about where to get parts or any thing that would interchange. Until now...

So with my resources continuing to expand I can finally have the Balls to start with a partial tear down and fix the issues that are keeping me and my family from enjoying the car that brought joy to my childhood.

Those issues being;
Left front frame rail rotting
brake lines rotting
fuel lines rotting as well
I have the brake lines
I WILL have the fuel lines and new fuel system (tank, pump, sending unit misc. fittings and hardware)
Nothing to difficult that can be complete on a limited budget in a couple of years.
Biggest hurdles are garage space. I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff (not car stuff) and learning to weld in a frame rail or two...hopefully not three and there is a floor board in there. So who's done that? I know it's and unfortunate fairly common issue with these car but if anyone has tips and tricks they care to share to make my project easier I would greatly appreciate that since that is my biggest project. So would my wife...she's not a fan of having my car as a 2 ton yard ornament and my mom.....whose car it belonged to before I took it over
she's not much of a fan of it being a yard decoration either.

Back