Introducing New Member: shadango

shadango

Reaction score
Hi all! I have always been a Mopar guy, and have owned a 72 Barracuda for about 6 years now I guess. I have been hanging around on the "for ebodies only" and "for a bodies only" forums for some time.... My oldest son is turning 17 soon and about to get his driver's license and we needed a ride for him.......wanted him to have something that was "cool", something reliable, something we could afford and just as important, something we could work on. We just picked him up a 1980 Plymouth Volare. The car is amazingly clean! It's in Baron Red with the Red cloth bench seat. Interior is like new aside from a cracked dash pad and a bare package tray. The frame and floors appear to be like brand new and there appears to be no bondo on this car at all.....even in the rockers! The paint is compounding out nicely and while it does have a few scratches and blemishes, it is looking great. It's a slant 6 and the engine, just like the rest of the car, looks amazingly unmolested. Almost too nice a car to make a daily driver, but hey they were made to be driven I guess. Just got the car this past Saturday and we have had it at two car cruises already. We DO have a little work to do on it -- needs a left motor mount as that is shot....needs exhaust pipe between cat and muffler, needs the rotors cut or replaced as they pulse, and someone put air shocks on the back to allow 295/50R/15 tires and huge deep dish wheels on the rear. Those wheels/tires may need replaced as they are just too big for the car.....some rubbing has already happened with people in the back....and they stick out about a half inch or so past the fender edge which is illegal here..... And a few other odds and ends. But man, this car is sweet! Looking forward to learning about the F Body platform along with my son, who will be signing up as well.

20160529_184323_zpsbxx9i3c0.gif

Back