Invisible targets

ramenth

Reaction score
Anyone else get 'em on their cars? That target that others on the road can see - the one that says "aim here" - but no matter how hard you look you just can't find it?

On the way home for lunch the other day I had a guy in an older Accord look right at me, making a left hand turn coming out of a parking lot, and pull out in front of me anyway. Then he comes to a complete stop in the middle of the road, sitting in my lane.

Got around him and started through a green light a little ways up the road and had dink in a Taurus blow the red light and damn near hit me in the passenger door.

Get up the road a little further and someone else blew a red and I damn near hit him in the driver's door.

I don't remember a full moon so it's got to be an invisible target.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I'm cruising in my cheby truck on a three lane one way feeder road and a Pink Infinity suv rolls right over into my lane Saturday. It got close enough for me to read the words Mary Gay on the back of it. Some dude was driving. It was a close enough call that the old lady grabbed the oh shit handle above her door and put her feet up on the dash. Man I hate the color Pink.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
i know what you mean.Even when i'm driving semi(13' high 70' long) they still don't see me even when they are looking right at me.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
They'll hit ya standing still. Had my '78 Caravelle that I just bought parked on the street overnight and some pylon backed into it and caved in the rear quarter. Took days to get her straight. Never found out who did it.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep. Red lights, stop signs etc. and what really ticks me off is how many people forgot to check the turn signal "option box" when they bought their new car.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You should be alright in Midland. Your worst nightmare there will probably getting stuck behind seniors in Buicks doing 60 in an 80.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
shouldnt be ashouldnt be a problem :evil4:

SSPX0066.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I seem to always be behind the dingbat that feels the need to slow/stop at the GREEN lights. I watched this one particular dork do it at three green lights in a row until we got stopped (for real) at a red light. Then, when the left turn arrow went green, dipshit #2 started across the intersection, realized that the green was only a left turn arrow (our straight ahead light was still red), and stopped in the middle of the intersection. Dumb, sure, but it gets dumberer....dipshit #1 (the stop-at-greenlight-guy) who, amazingly, also was'nt paying attention, saw dipshit #2 take off in front of him, and also went through the red...but only as far as dipshit #2's rear bumper because thats where two of the world's worst drivers collided. One of the two had the invisible target, but I'll just have to let their insurance companies determine which one.
Quite possibly the stupidest accident I've ever seen and as a trucker, I've seen many.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Winners everywhere. I watched a woman make a left turn into the side of a "stopped" streetcar. Guess she didn't see the big red thing. Then she threw it into reverse and backed into a lamp post. Brilliant.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well, today is definitely inbred day up here in ol' T.O.
It was already painfully obvious that none of these import driving sh*theads checked the turn signal option box when they bought their neuter mobile.
But today's capper was, some lobotomized f**ker in a Pontiac grand prix (a newer one which makes it even more of a piece of crap) rolls through his stop sign. I miss T-boning the clown by about a foot in my 5th ave. The guy just keeps going like nothing happened. Obviously I was pretty pissed... maybe a little too pissed.

I stomped it and started chasing this goof. Nice to know that my bone stock smogger 318 could stay on the ass of this (supposedly fast) GTP. Chased him for about 10 blocks, but I couldn't get beside him, parked cars everywhere.

He booked it down a side street and by that point it seemed like it was getting a little stupid and potentially dangerous. Kids on side streets and all so I bailed.

Probably a good thing. I don't really need an assault charge. But I'll tell ya, I wanted to give this guy a colonoscopy with a pipe wrench somethin fierce.

Unreal. :violent1:

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Don't drive angry Friends

I WAS pissed though...
What a moron!

I used to get like this. Pretty much any more I just sit there and shake my head at the stupidity.

Although there was an incident that happened here recently. I was braking at a yellow light, being too far away from the intersection to be able to make it through when it went red, when the car behind me went into the left hand turn lane and gunned it. He blew through the red and damned t-boned a car making a legal left hand turn on the other side of the intersection. He got through the intersection and damned near ass-ended another car making a left hand turn into a parking lot. Then he went into on coming traffic and made his own left hand turn going into a different parking lot.

I watched as he parked his car and started toward the grocery store. By that time I could legally go, pulled into the parking lot and blocked his way into the store with the car. Gave him an ear full.

The killer is, this man had to be in 70's, well old enough to know better. That made my ass reaming even more satisfactory. Especially when he said "I've been driving for years," and I was able to reply with, "then you should know better."

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep. Everybody thinks they're an indy car driver.
Even some of the old timers.
That is... until they wrap their car around something.

Back