is this normal?? found this 1979 asp-dust-runner

armataz

Reaction score
Those latches are a heck of a thing to get apart.
yep, and you gotta to be able to swap out the hinge.
I took the glove box door off the SE interior thats how I found out. Ill take both doors to a lock smith to have then disassemble and re assemble the latches or maybe replaced with a keyed latch

armataz

Reaction score
last week it was pouring rain, mixed with snow, this week it is in the mid 70's. to mid 80's. time to pull back the tarps and get back to work.
wild cat is still buried in snow, I will have to be way more picky about inspecting the parts from now on. I wasted a lot of money on rusted solid parts..
is any one selling reman guages ? I still want to swap over to the le barons round sport gauges /instruments for the burnt out wagon, I have a complete wire harness. but some of the barrel pins are broken off of the circuit board. I asked them to cut the harness and leave the barrels plugged in, but they pried them off any way

Dustergirl79

Reaction score
it is titled as a 79 duster,
(based off the plymouth volare')
but it has road runner body flares and road runner deck spoiler apearse to be factory installed and has an economy 225 (85 MPH speedo) not super 6.
I'm thinking I'm going to do an engine swap. to something more modern maybe a engine/ trans from the 90's. any advice would be apreciated.

View attachment 47167

View attachment 47168

View attachment 47169

View attachment 47170
That console isn't original, but the 79 duster did come with a console.Mine has the original console, and it runs from the dash to the back of the front seats, with a tray and lid.

armataz

Reaction score
That console isn't original, but the 79 duster did come with a console.Mine has the original console, and it runs from the dash to the back of the front seats, with a tray and lid.
yah, it sits a lil high, and has storage for CD's instead of tapes, I think it might have been designed for a mini van, but it still sits OK for an actual arm rest, and has a box big enough for a couple soda's a Ice pack and a couple sandwitches, for a long haul cruize. plus cup holders for front and rear. so I'll keep it as an upgrade. ;-)

slant six

Reaction score
Here is a relatively stock '79 Duster for reference. Wheels and Engine Bits, and Radio have been modified, but Retains much of the groovy stock appearance from 1979. It's a bit rustier now but you get the idea.
Also showing some videos of the car too below↓

armataz

Reaction score
Here is a relatively stock '79 Duster for reference. Wheels and Engine Bits, and Radio have been modified, but Retains much of the groovy stock appearance from 1979. It's a bit rustier now but you get the idea.

yah, mines the same as the first, only baby blue interior. and I think my stearing wheel might be after market as well.. it has the original AM radio that still works. and mine has duster badges.

armataz

Reaction score

where did you get the fuel injection intake? is it a US after market item? I have only seen them offered through Oz.

slant six

Reaction score
where did you get the fuel injection intake? is it a US after market item? I have only seen them offered through Oz.
This car runs a nicely modified Clifford 4V manifold.
52868411281_55a5cb482f_o.jpg

There is some more write up on the Project Here!
However the Pictures are poor and on photobucket so they are sort of dead and low res. but you should get the idea.

as for currently available Ready to Run Slant 6 EFI manifolds in the US, Check with Gill Welding.
They have them available.

armataz

Reaction score
This car runs a nicely modified Clifford 4V manifold.
View attachment 49730

There is some more write up on the Project Here!
However the Pictures are poor and on photobucket so they are sort of dead and low res. but you should get the idea.

as for currently available Ready to Run Slant 6 EFI manifolds in the US, Check with Gill Welding.
They have them available.
thanks, kinda looks like an offenhouser 4BBL manifold with a 6 port injection rail set up attached. it's good to have options. since I still have not found a suitable doner car.
I did find a gold shelby new yorker 2+2 hemi turbo quad 4 (GLH)
but with the shelby name attached. they wanted way too much for it and it had even fewer cylinders LOL. ;-)

armataz

Reaction score
just wondering, does any one know if OZ is the only ones making after market 2BBL intakes? I have an extra 2BBl holley that I had rebuilt, but my intake is for a single.

. I'm also having trouble getting spark. the engine cranks over great.. but wont fire.. the previouse owner did something to try to by pass the ignition module. the distributer also has just a single wire running to it, instead of 2.

new plugs, cap, condenser, ignition module, coil, ceramic block ,

Last edited:

armataz

Reaction score
never thought finding a used V-8 would be so difficult. maybe we can thank cash for clunkers from the late 90's and early 2000's, for this short fall in parts.

Back