It Finally Happened: The Medallion Returns!

John Davis

Reaction score
Thought I would show you what turned up for me in the Lone Star State. I'm so excited!
1710971157116.jpeg

Justwondering

Reaction score
John --
You are just a few counties away from me ... course to drive it takes a life-time to drive in Dallas traffic.

Tell us more about your ride!

JW

John Davis

Reaction score
Thanks, y'all! Well, she's one-family owned, was born in July of 1977 and needs lots of love. She's got a 318 and auto, air. Only 63,000 miles. Unfortunately, she's sat outside quite a bit, but the paint is wowing me as I have been compounding it back into a shine. It's that Sable Iridescent and gold/camel vinyl roof they used in the advertising. On the plus side, she was ordered with leather--leather that's spent a lot of time in heat and moisture. But. That's what we have to fix. Not find. She's got the Chronometer, AM/FM radio and the kind of nice wood-inlay door pulls on the inside. It's not an exact copy of Dad's old '79 Diplomat, but there are very few differences that I can't live with. She doesn't have the remote passenger mirror, the trunk release or the tilt steering/cruise that dad's had. I am perfectly happy she's got roll-up windows and a manual seat. Other than that, I'm looking forward to fixing her up and giving her to my son when he turns 15 1/2.

Diplomat 1.jpg

Diplomat 2.jpg

Diplomat 10.jpg

Diplomat 12.jpg

Diplomat 7.jpg

Diplomat 6.jpg

Diplomat 8.jpg

Diplomat 11.jpg

Back