Its close to me - thinking of buying

Justwondering

Reaction score
☼ 1977 Dodge Aspen - Parts or Whole

Okay, I have a cousin near San Antonio that I can stay with on my trip.
If this car is whole, do you want me to buy it, then bring it up here to part out for you guys?

I asked the owner if it was still for sale and they said yes.
I then asked if the grille is still on it, and no answer yet.

I figure, 300 plus the gas to tow it back home puts me in for about 450 plus my time (10-12 hour round trip).
Let me know if its worth it to you.
And no, I don't want to do this for a living like Jim, but this seemed like a good deal.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I don't have an aspen but thought someone here might want it for parts.
Although I'd love to have another vehicle, I really need to finish the walls downstairs before winter arrives.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The grill alone might be worth $300.00 to someone.

The core of the car body wise is close to your 5th Ave.
Mechanical wise, a lot will fit as well – except for engine and transmission case. Most of the electrical system will be similar but different.

My thoughts:
The hood is off center – I suspect hood has been off before recently – but why. It is easy to get it back in adjustment but generally takes a couple of people.

I don’t see rust in the usual locations, which is odd. There could be rust on roof (at B pillar location and on outside C pillar) maybe.

Finding taillight parts and rear trim might be fun. I “think” that fits Dodge Aspen 4 door only

I can’t picture a car in San Antonio not having A/C – but if it didn’t have – then not sure what to think.

Should be a pretty decent car to go to town and back in. Especially if someone(s) is coming to age needing transportation. Hehe, come work on the farm for a month for car keys – or whatever.

I don’t think this car has sat outside for 40 years. If it has, maybe 2-4 years maybe (inside pictures would help). Sense I don’t see the normal fender rot, I would think the frame rails are in decent shape.

Vehicle has ran into something. The L/F corner of bumper is pushed back some (bumper shock didn’t expend back out?) and bumper filler looks squished.

BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
Bud,
I was thinking the same thing.

Those grilles seem to be pretty pricey but no one is looking at this car.
The 'sedan' 4 door is an old lady car, so the younger crowd wouldn't want it.

I'm sure it would be good enough for town and back, but its 2 years before our next driver (nephew).

After I posted the question, I just heard crickets chirping so I'm guessing this is a pass by for me.

Besides, I am still waiting for the temps to cool down so I can finish the suspension in the fifth avenue. lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It does look rode hard and put away wet.

If you have the time and the place to store it to eventually part it.....that's a lot of headache but if you're into it.....why not?

If I bought it......it would be my beater failing the fact that I had idiotic amounts of money to say screw it and restore it. But frame rails and floor pans are notorious on these. If it's solid then yeehawww......if not personally I'd walk away. But that's me.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I would pass on it,Not enough there to make it worth your while.

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
I think the hood is misaligned from the front drivers collision. The fender and bumper looked pushed in slightly.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I bought my 77 Aspen 4 door for $200.00 and it has been my beater for years now. It is the base 225 w/no air. I just rebuilt the carb 2 days ago and have it running great. I made a 60 mile round trip at 65 - 75 mph last night to grab a sun visor for my Fifth Avenue.

It looks like it needs the roof bondoed up where the quarter panels attach. I stripped the vinyl top, did mine and just painted it. It needs the drivers side fender realigned but the rest of the body looks pretty sound. I'd go for it as I love mine and it gets around 25 mpg out on the highway. Fix it up and drive the heck out of it

Back